Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi!
My name is Todd Clark and I have a twin brother Trevor.We were born Mar.15,1969 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. My birth name was Garth Stacy Megyesi(Megyasi?). I have just started to search for our birthmother. Hope this helps us out!
Todd
As an adoptee, you are entitled to register with the Saskatchewan Government to receive what is considered non-identifying information regarding your birth family.
This is the first step that should be taken when interested in searching for birth family.
Check out this web page
[url]http://www.dcre.gov.sk.ca/services/...ption/ado6.html[/url]
to register with their offices.
You need not hire them to do a search unless you are financially in a position to do so. I could give you a few hints on how to locate your birth family, once you have your non-identifying information.
Hope this helps.
~Shannon
Advertisements
received non identifying info from sask-came from a large family-mother had 11 siblings and father had 5 siblings
just waiting for the government~ birth Mom has searched for us and now we will go thru the interview process-looking forward to this!
How wonderful to find out your mother is looking for you. All the best on your journey into reunion.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Just another thought...you were born in 69 so you might want to read Anne Fessler's The Girls Who Went Away. I read it and it truly opened my eyes to what social norms were in place back then and how heartbreaking it was to be a young unmarried women with no where to turn. I learned alot and thought I already understood cuz I was born in 61 but what an eye opener. You don't have to read the entire book to understand and it may help you during your reunion if know what your mother went through.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Todd,
it's been a long time!!
Glad to hear of the events occuring....hope all is well and that they have current contact information for your birthmother and are able to locate her,
let me know how it's going
~Shannon
:clap:
Hi Shannon- just sent off my letter and some pics and hopefully next week will get my birth mothers. Hope all is well.
Todd
Advertisements