Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello
I am just at the start of a huge journey. This is something I have wanted to do since I was a young child.
Look for my birth mother.
I had an apointment with child and family services when I was 20 but I slept in and missed the appointment. I am now 27 years old and this issue will always be at the back of my mind.
I recived a letter in the mail this week containing some non identifying information.
A few little jints but i really have no idea where to start the search. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and really all i know is that i was born at the grace general hospital.
If anyone has any tips on where to start i would sure welcome them.
Rob
Advertisements
Manitoba Post-Adoption Registry
201 - 114 Garry Street
Winnipeg MB R3C 4V5
Telephone: (204) 945-6964
Fax: (204) 948-2949 or 945-6717
[url]http://www.gov.mb.ca/fs/childfam/registry.html[/url]
All the best, Rob :)
Christine
ty very much for the reply.
I've got a day off today so I think i will head town to the location on stafford and spend the 45 bucks to put my name on the registry.
Rob
I had an apointment with child and family services when I was 20 but I slept in and missed the appointment. I am now 27 years old and this issue will always be at the back of my mind.
Don't loose anymore sleep over missing the appointment! You most likely would only have been told what your options were: registering and getting non identifying information. These days your choices are greater.
Have you registered with Family Services Post Adoption Registry? Did you request that a Search be done?
They will try to locate and contact your birth parents. There is no charge other than a few dollars in case they need to get a Vital Statistics search. This is really your best bet as Family Services has your birth parents names and your mother's date of birth.