Advertisements
Advertisements
Our son was born in Chiquimulilla. I have been searching for information on this area and I have not been very successful. I think it is on the canal near Hondorus but I am not sure. We are in PGN right now ~ I was wondering if anyone has adopted a child from this area. I want to find information about visiting the area ~ is it safe?? Most of all I would like to know how long it is taking for BC in this area. I know Guatemala City is very backed up. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Hi Kelli,
I found the following information in Footprint Guatemala Handbook:
Chiquimulilla is in Southern Guatemala, near the border with El Salvador. In Chiquimulilla good quality leather goods are available.
Sorry there's not more...
Good luck and I hope you're out of PGN very quickly!
Monica
in Israel:)
Advertisements
I just did a google search for Chiquimulilla. If you do the same, you will find plenty to read!
Paige
It is no nice to find someone else who is adopting from this area. My daugher is from there. I did some research all I really came up with is that it is considered very sacred and religious part of the country. Plus very very poor, a drought and famine struck there last year or the year before, alot of children died. Looking at the pictures the people seem to be very Mayan. I read one article that said the only thing good about Chiquimula is there is a bus stop to get out, but then I read others that it was a beautiful area with beautiful old churches. I think it is about 3 hours south of Guatemala City. If you want I can PM you and let you know everything I found out.
Mary
waiting for Juliet
D.O.B 4/27/04
Hi kelli,
i read your Q re chiquimulilla and I am so excited b/c my family and husband are from there. it is a beautiful very commercial town.my grandma owned her store there for many years(now retired). my mother has a home built there currently. i was homecoming queen in 1998. anything you need to know i can gladly reply. it is a very mixed town ranging from indigenous families to meztizos to high class (rich families). i amvery happy for you and your family.
god bless
dorita
kadkins
Our son was born in Chiquimulilla. I have been searching for information on this area and I have not been very successful. I think it is on the canal near Hondorus but I am not sure. We are in PGN right now ~ I was wondering if anyone has adopted a child from this area. I want to find information about visiting the area ~ is it safe?? Most of all I would like to know how long it is taking for BC in this area. I know Guatemala City is very backed up. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Hi Dorita
We have just received referral of a beautiful baby girl from Chiquimulilla!
I was excited when I seen your post.
Are you adopting a child from there too? I read that you have family ties there. That is awesome.
I thought I would have questions for you, but I really can only think of how long it took for birth certificate or if process goes smoothly there.
Thanks for any input.
Amber
Advertisements
Hi Mary-
We just received a referral of a beautiful baby from Chiquimulilla. When I searched I found your post.
Do you have any "wisdom" to pass along?
Did you visit there?
I would love any input.
Thanks
Amber
[font=Comic Sans MS]My Braeden is from Chiquimula. We are in PGN, too. I posted a while back and was happy to find out that birth certificates take about a week![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Good luck!
Megan
[/font]
My understanding is that Chiquimula and Chiquimullila are two different places. Is that right?
Melissa
mom to two wonderful boys from Guatemala
Yes, Chiquimula and Chiquimulilla are very different parts of Guatemala. My daughter is from Chiquimulilla. It is on the Pacific Coast and a canal of the same name terminates there.
My research indicates it is one of the few parts of Guatemala that is primarily Spanish vs Mayan. Some sites quoted the area as being proud of its Spanish Colonial past. (My daughter is fair skinned and I find this easy to believe.)
Anyway, I have had little luck finding info on this city vs Chiquimula, which has much more info available.
PM me if you want her birth mother's name. I understand she has an older brother adopted in the U.S. - maybe in 2002? My daughter was born June 2004.
Liz
Advertisements
My daughter is from Chiquimulilla as well. She is nine and we adopted her as an infant. We would be interested in finding out if she has any birthsiblings who were also adopted -- her birthmother's name is Sofia D-M. Please email me privately at mfclarkny@aol.com. Also, I found a blog called (I think) MiChiquimulilla with great information and pictures about what looks like a pretty town right near the end of the canal and the ocean. Thanks! Miriam.