Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Dellom30@aol.com
I'm trying to find out some information regarding adoptions from Brazil. If anyone knows how to go about it, my husband and I would be grateful. Thank you. My E-mail address is. Dellom30@aol.com
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Tina
There is a lady at our church thats from Brazil and her parents are over an orphanage there. She will be traveling there in Nov. and will be taking pictures of some of the children. She said that there are no fees there all fees are due to US.
Originally Posted By Maggie Lorenz
Have you contacted LIMIAR ? They work with Brazilian children, and they have a web site. I think its
Originally Posted By Ana
The adoption procedure in Brazil is gratuitous. In both cases national or international adoption. What means that you dont have to pay any fee to the tribunal or to the ғorphanage where the child is sheltered.
In Brazil , International adoption is handled by a Judicial State Committee and in some states it is even considered illegal to get in contact with the person/institution in charge of the child prior the ԓagreement to adopt from the Committee.
If you are coming to Brazil to adopt through an adoption agency or through an independent lawyer you just have to pay their support and fees.
Ana
Originally Posted By Maria Barton
Hi! I was in Brazil last oct to get all the info that i need to be able to help parents in the US. I found out if u are agency you need to be registre in Brazil,i am geting caroline hope registrer there you can contact Laura at(864)268-0570 Thank you Maria.
Advertisements
Hi! I was in Brazil last oct to get all the info that i need to be able to help parents in the US. I found out if u are agency you need to be registre in Brazil,i am geting caroline hope registrer there you can contact Laura at(864)268-0570 Thank you Maria.
Hi! I am from Brazil and i went to Brazil last oct to take pictures of children in Brazil, i have a girl for adoption as soon is possible her name is Anna Vitoria contact caroline hope at(864)268-0570 thank you Maria.
Originally Posted By llzippe@yahoo.com
I know this is a very old posting. Did you ever adopt from Brazil? If so, how did it go?
Advertisements
Originally Posted By HJEBLawley
If you want an agency to do every thigng for you, for $20,000.00 try the Illien Adoptions Internatinal, Inc. link on http://brazil.adoption.com
If you any contacts in Brasil and just need the paperwork done for about $5000.00, try The International Adoption Center link at http://brazil.adoption.com
At he web address above, you will find plenty of reading to keep you busy for many hours.
My
Hello,
I have recently joined the forum to hopefully find out more about adoption from Brazil.
I reside in the United Kingdom, and I have been considering adoption for the past 3-4 years.
I am keen to gain advice, connections, etc, etc about the adoption process in Brazil.
I am not rushing into things, and I am aware that I will need to involve the UK Social Services and an experienced International Adoption Solicitor in order to assist me through what I am sure will be a difficult process.
Any advice, contacts whether orphanage, institutions based in Brazil would be a great help for me to start to understand what is likely to be required.
Thank you kindly for your help, and I hope to hear from some of you soon.
Kind regards
1. Brazil has ratified the Hague Convention on international adoption, and so has your home country. All international adoptions will need to be compliant with Hague regulations, and not just the laws of the two countries. This means that you will not be allowed to visit orphanages to pick a child or to meet with pregnant women interested in making an adoption plan. You will need to work with a Hague accredited agency in your own country, and with the Central Authority for adoptions in your country and Brazil.
2. Brazil does not have healthy infants, toddlers, and preschoolers available for adoption. In virtually all cases, you will be able to adopt only school aged healthy children, younger children with special needs, or sibling groups involving at least one school aged child. The reason is that Brazil makes every effort to place children domestically, and most healthy babies go to local families. Foreigners are permitted to adopt the harder to place children. Be aware that the children in the greatest need of families are school aged boys of African descent. Brazil is proud of its status as a multi-racial society and may not allow specification of ethnicity or skin tone.
Sharon
Thank you for this information, it is of great help.
I am aware that I would be looking at adoption for a school age child, as this is where the main need is what I had thought to be in Brazil. I will assume that school age is 6 upwards, as school age varies from country to country.
I am glad they utilize the Hague Convention on International adoption as well, as the process will at least be thorough and will mean less potential mishaps if I wish to pursue this further.
Another question, with adoption it can be extremely technical and in-depth. I will again assume that I would be allowed to appoint an International Adoption Solicitor to assist me with all of the technicalities associated with such an adoption?.
Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated, and I am glad I found this forum to gain some initial ideas on the subject.
Kind regards
Advertisements
In the U.S., you ae permitted to use an "approved attorney", meaning an attorney who has passed the bar exam in a state AND who has applied for and received Hague approval by the Council on Accreditation of Services to Children and Families, instead of a licensed U.S. agency with Hague accreditation by COA. Very, very few attorneys have sought COA approval, however, as it is a lengthy, costly, and somewhat intrusive procedure that involves looking at financial records, policy and procedure manuals, professional liability insurance, complaints, etc.
Some licensed, nonprofit, accredited U.S. agencies have been founded by attorneys, who make sure that adoptions are conducted legally and ethically. But most experienced, Hague-accredited agencies that were not founded by attorneys will have the background to ensure you a successful adoption process, if they happen to have a program in Brazil. In the U.S., an attorney is used more often for readoption in one's home state.
Sharon
Have you contacted the IAC or OASIS? They could give you advice and may be able to put you in contact with any families who have adopted from Brazil (if there are any). If not, Yahoo group is a good idea. Either way, they would talk to you about the legal side of it, and what process will have to be followed