Advertisements
Advertisements
I am an adoptee born in Jersey City, NJ in Novmeber 1968.
My adoption was handled through Family and Children Service in Long Branch, NJ My caseworker was Mrs Agreen.
I was hoping to find others who may have been re-united through this agency or have successful been re-united
Any information welcomed!
Dear Charlene,
I am so glad that you received your son's e-mail address and have written to him. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and hope that you hear from him soon. I know what you mean about patience. It is really hard sometimes to be patient but we can't rush these situations.
I put my son up for adoption 35 years ago. I don't even know if he was ever told that he was adopted. I just keep praying that if it is God's will I will some day hear from him.
The adoption was handled by Family and Childrens Services in Long Branch. If you can give me any kind of help I would greatly appreciate it. You may e-mail me @snakettesmom1950@yahoo.com. Thank you and good luck with your son.
Bev
Advertisements
Update: e-mailed my son on Saturday and on Sunday night, he replied - I was very surprised that he responded so quickly - he wants to see us but not just yet - has a lot of questions which I am going to answer for him - am full of hope today - to everyone who has not been as blessed as me right now, I wish you sucesss in your continued search.
Dear Charlene,
What great news that your son replied so quickly! I'm sure he does have a lot of questions. It's wonderful that he can ask you and you will answer his questions. It sounds like a good beginning. Good luck!!!!
Bev
I have just begun serching again. I gave up for a while. I was born in Neptune NJ, August 21, 1965 at the age of about two weeks. Not sure of the hospital. I was adopted through Family and Children Services also. Not sure of where it was located at the time. I was told the case worker was a Mrs. Muser (not sure of spelling). The lawyer who handled my adoptive mothers case was Bill Lloyd who has passed away. I did have a foster mother from the time of birth until adoption.
I tried to get information from the most local DFCS quite a few years ago. They said they would do a micofilm search of non-identifying? info for a small fee. I think it was about $6-$10 at the time. I think all the info you receive would be info from a questionaire answered by the birthmother. I quess it would be family medical history , maybe nationality or religion. I did not send for the search at the time.
I did call around in Trenton to try to get some records info. I was told that agencies were not required by law at that time to file records with Trenton.
I really don't have much info re: my adoption except
what is above.
If any of this sound familiar and you think you may be my birthmother! please contact me.
Thank you,
Jackie
This agency is now located on Bath Avenue in Long Branch, NJ - They can help you search. There are some fees involved depending on if you want non-identifying info or you want to do a search. The fees are reasonable. They just helped me reunite with my 41 year old son who was placed with them for adoption. Ask for Carol Maher - she's so sweet and kind and she really understands what we birthmothers go through. I wish you luck and don't give up - I'll bet your birthmother is looking for you too!! If you were born in Neptune, the hospital is probably Jersey Shore Medical Center - formerly called Fitkin Hospital.
Advertisements
Great news - I have been reunited with my son - about two weeks ago - It was so wonderful - he has no anger about being adopted - I have two more grandchildren!! Haven't seen them yet - just pictures for now. He looks just like my other son who I raised by myself. They are full siblings. Keep on looking and I pray you will have success.
Re: jackiem
Wow... I have a lot in common with you. I was also adopted through Family and Children in 1983, born in Neptune, and the lawyer that my adtoptive parents had was Lloyd. I can't believe he has passed away. Have you had any luck with you search.
Hi,
I was born at Fort Monmouth in Oceanport. I do not know if my adoption was through Family and Children's services. Where in Oakhurst are they located. Do you have a phone number.
Thanks,
Rosemarie
Family & childrens service is located now in Long Branch, NJ - phone number is 732-222-9111. Call and ask for social worker who handles people searching for their birthparents. good luck Charlene
Advertisements
After years of searching, and alot of ruling out , we were able to find my husbands brother. He was tragically killed in floridain a hit and run accident in 1997, never knowing we were searching for him and we loved him dearly.The police there were very helpful and found a picture of him and sent us that.
I gave away my daughter who was born on January 27, 1966 to Mrs. Green at Family Services in Long Branch, NJ. She was a very caring person and helped me through the agony. I have never had any other children and never tried to contact her. I didn't want to interfere in her life. Were you able to get any information about your adoption. Thank you, Gayle
I just found out I was adopted thru the same agency. I called them this morning and am still waiting for a reply. Can you tell me what to ask or what info I can get? My ammended B Cert has nothing but the dob, my adopted parents name, city of birth, and my name. That's it. It is dated May 14,1965 but my birthday is listed 2-29-64
You will probably only be given non-identifying information. A few years ago I was told they would do some type of search for a fee of $450.00. My guess on the amended B Cert is that the date of 5/14/65 is possibly the adoption date(????). Good Luck!!!!
Advertisements
I called Long Branch and about an hour later I recieved an email saying that, "yes, you are one of our kids" and so is your brother (my parents adopted 3 of us). She will be pulling my file and calling me back with non-identifying info. The cost to hire a PI through them is now $1000.00. Hopefully with the information she supplies I can find them myself. As for the date on my birth certificate, she did tell me that she wasn't sure if my birthday was correct, that I was "surrendered" March 11, 1964. She wasn't sure why the date on the top of the BC was over a year later. I guess after 43 years I may have a new birthday! Does anybody know if I have to fill out the packet before she gives me the non-identifying info?
I have just begun serching again. I gave up for a while. I was born in Neptune NJ, August 21, 1965 at the age of about two weeks. Fitkin hospital. I was adopted through Family and Children Services. I was told the case worker was a Mrs. Muser (not sure of spelling). The lawyer who handled my adoptive mothers case was Bill Lloyd who has passed away. I did have a foster mother from the time of birth until adoption.
I did call around in Trenton to try to get some records info. I was told that private agencies were not required by law at that time to file records with Trenton.
I recently applied and received the original birth certificate with names. Still searching for info. I have possibly found my birth fathers family info. (the last name doesn't change). Still searching for birthmother info. No maiden name is listed on original birch certificate or her birth date, just her age at the time.
Jackie : }
Last update on April 9, 9:16 am by jackie Miele.