Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
You right that all makes sense. I don't feel that I am ready for a reunion myself. I am an extremely hard headed person who shunes away from most all emotions. I fear I get this from my mom. People have a way of putting up defenses around subjects, etc, that may be harmful or hurtful. I am a fighter but I am not a glutton for punishment. The whole adoption thing is one big emotional rollercoaster ride. I, so far, have preffered to stand on the outskirts instead of jumpping in head first. My younger brother has taken the plunge like there was nothing to it. Maybe it's a difference between guys and girls or maybe just personality, but I definatly can't see anyone avoiding some feeling that they probably didn't realize they had all stored up inside. Those are the feelings I'm afraid of......the rejection or the endless questions why(I believe this to be a human inevitability), who, what, when, where and how could you do it. For the most part I think most adoptees had a good life (considering it's still life and things are going to happen no matter what) and most of these questions are pointless but they will come up. I have found myself questioning in my own mind and I wouldn't want to ask that. I think it should be volentary info when she's ready and if she's comforitable.
I'm just happy to be alive, but the one thing I do hate is that I am considered a secret!!! I know it was a different time and age and I understand that but my curosity runs wild simply because I'm some dark dirty secret hidden in the closest. I don't know......maybe like you I'm becoming obsessest with it.
Thanks for your response! You've given some things to think about. One more question. Do you think the majority of b-mom's want to be found?? Or if no one's looking for you just let sleeping dogs lie??
srchin'