Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I do not think you should be trashing well meaning foster parents because they
then complain that it drags on for years...or the child is returned to less then perfect lives...
That comment is flat ignorant, as a foster provider yourself you ought to know better. We decided to foster/adopt because we knew we wanted to adopt and thought it would be a wonderful gift to our community to help other children along the way until God put "our" child into our home.
Working around law enforcement I had the unpleasant opportunity to have a first hand look at just HOW BAD things have to get before a child is removed from the home. I SAW with my own eyes, the dog feces in beds where children slept, maggots crawling on kitchen cupboards, toilets overflowing with urine and feces with baby foot prints tracking through it, pictures of the bruises, whelps, burns, shock marks, detailed accounts of the horrors people are capable of perpetrating on their OWN children.
No social worker will give you these little details of the backgrounds of the children you care for. They use words like "abused" or "neglected". That does not begin to describe what most of these children have been living.
After seeing child after child returned to these conditions after little or no improvement by their parents, only to be forced to live like that for another year before they were removed AGAIN to start the process over I feel I have and OBLIGATION to complain. I will shout it from the rooftops whenever I see the system dropping the ball over and over again while innocent children pay the price whether you like it or approve of it or not.