Advertisements
Advertisements
I THINK THE BEST THERAPY FOR ANY ADULT ADOPTEE IS TO HAVE "EMAIL PEN-PALS". IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS INTERESTED IN CORRESPONDING THRU THE INTERNET - ANSWER THIS MESSAGE AND WE CAN SET SOMETHING UP! I KNOW I WOULD ENJOY CORRESPONDING WITH ANYONE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME!
GRACE @
GRACIE-MAY111
I am an adoptee who is 34. I searched when I was 21 for my birthfamily. I requested my non-id info and after two months, became impatient and gave up on that. I paid over $200 to the state adoption unit in Georgia to have their PI search for me. To my surprise and some luck, he called me within a week and had found my birthmom and her family all within minutes of each other which was about three hours from me. I was in shock but excited. I know that you must be getting really discouraged after twelve years of searching and no luck because of a popular name. I am so very sorry that you have not really received any helpful clues or help from your research. I know it may seem that you will never find your birthfamily but I have seen many people on this forum who have searched for over twenty years and finally found them. Don't give up!!! Keep your head up and keep a positive outlook on your search. I would be glad to be here as an email bud. Just pm me and let me know your email and I will send you mine. Take care and keep the faith!!! Hugs!!!
Advertisements
HELLO!
SO GLAD FOR YOUR RESPONSE REGARDING EMAIL BUDS! I'M VERY INTERESTED IN CORRESPONDING WITH YOU.....(I WOULD HAVE GOT BACK TO YOU SOONER, BUT WE JUST HAD A BIG BLOWOUT 40TH BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR MY HUSBAND, SO I HADN'T BEEN ONLINE IN ABOUT A WEEK).
ANYWAY-
I'LL JUST GIVE YOU SOME BACKGROUND ON MYSELF:
I AM A 42 YEAR OLD MARRIED, MOTHER OF (2 1/2) (THE 1/2 IS MY DOG JEZEBEL!) I LIVE IN DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY (MOVED HERE LAST OCTOBER), ORIGINALLY BORN AND BRED (LOL) ON LONG ISLAND. I COME FROM A COMPLETELY DYSFUNCTIONAL, CRAZY ADOPTIVE FAMILY - WE BASICALLY MOVED AWAY FROM THE CRAP THAT WAS GOING ON IN THE FAMILY (FINALLY SAID "ENOUGH", PICKED UP OUR LIVES, OUR BUSINESS, AND MOVED AWAY!) OUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED DRAMATICALLY, BUT I KNOW IT'S FOR THE BETTER!
MY PROBLEM IS, AS YOU KNOW, THE "TOO COMMON TO SEARCH FOR" BECAUSE OF A VERY POPULAR SURNAME "RIVERA". AND THE FIRST NAME I WASN'T GIVEN - "JANE" (LIKE JANE DOE) MAKES IT EVEN HARDER TO SEARCH.
WELL, I'M STARTING TO BABBLE.............
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.....
MY EMAIL IS: BEEKMANBABE4545@YAHOO.COM
JUST USE THE "EMAIL BUD" AS YOU RE: SO I KNOW IT'S YOU!
GRACIE!
Hi Gracie!
I would love to keep in contact with you---I am a 42 yr old adoptee. I have 4 beautiful children and 3 step children. I am still searching for my bio family. I have no contact with my adoptive family--they sound like your adoptive family!!!! I have 3 dogs (all rescued), a cat (also rescued), 2 parakeets and a pigon that was shot and can not fly (you guessed it--also rescued). I tend to have this rescuing and helping addiction that sometimes gets me into trouble with my new husband of 2 1/2 weeks. Time to go to our bible study class at church---will chat later. If you like you may e-mail me at heidijo1962@yahoo.com--just in case I don't make it back into this forum.
Heidi