Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted through Catholic Charities in December of 1980. My birthdate is December 2, 1980 (I can only assume that this is the correct date, after reading so many postings stating that birthdates are sometimes changed by CC).
I have a copy of a letter my birthmother wrote to me while she was pregnant. However, all identifying information (name, birthdate, father's name, etc) had been removed. I do know that my birthmother was born in 1963 in Charity Hospital in New Orleans, had brownish-red hair, green eyes, fair skin and was 5'1", and was adopted herself after a series of placements in foster homes. She had three sisters and one brother.
She described herself as a senior in highschool who loved to sing and draw. My birthfather was her best friend, but denied being the father of her baby.
My birthmother was placed in a maternity home when she was two months pregnant. While there, she made me a hat and scarf to be given to me after I was born.
Please, if this sounds familiar to you, feel free to respond. I want so badly to reunite!!! I think it would do us both some good.
-EmeraldEyes
Emerald,
Was the home in Opelousas? Is there any info to narrow down where she lived? Since you know the year she was a senior in highschool, if you can narrow down the area, highschool yearbooks are usually not too hard to find. If lucky, the pictures would be color, and brownish-red hair with green eyes might make it easy to narrow down a bit. Plus, in the candid sections a pregnant girl with the same features might be easy to pick out (although if in the home from 2 months on, there might not be any).
Clearly if it is in New Orleans or a big city with multiple highschools, that adds a layer of complexity, and there's no guarantee she didn't live 20 miles from the home, and if she was in the home from June-December, she might have missed enough of her senior year that she got pushed back one year. You could do some poking around classmates.com as well for the year-school combos. It will take some work, but people with far less info have managed to track down their families.
Here are all of the schools in Opelousas with registries currently on classmates:
[url]http://www.classmates.com/cmo/reg/school/index.jsp?reunionsetup=&affiliationId=&type=Reg&overseas=&keyValue=239&nodeId=DN30_school&communityType=school&parentNodeType=city[/url]
Also, contact CC again and re-request your non-identifying info, as this time you might get some additional info that could further narrow down the choices. I believe they compile the non-ID info from the file, so depending on who you get to do the job, you might get different info.
Finally, I suggest you make a post on adoption.com. An adoptee born the day before you and in the same hospital already has a post, linked below. You can follow the links at the top to create your own:
[url]http://registry.adoption.com/records/96522.html[/url]
Just some minor suggestions. Best of luck.
- matt
Advertisements
Thank you for your help Matt. I truly appreciate all the help I can get.
However, I do not believe that she was actually attending highschool while in the maternity home. I believe she received her continuing education from within the home. I can't be sure of this, of course, so I will see what I can do with the sites you gave me. Thank you, again.
MBergeron,
[url=http://registry.adoption.com/records/410296.html]Dec 2 1980, Jennifer Williams, Adoptee, Opelousas La United States[/url]
Has details (full name) that should make it easier if her contact details via private message or email aren't still current...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
M,
The line in my post that starts with Dec 2 is actually a link to her registry profile on the adoption registry on this site. If you go there you will see on the right hand side something about the ways to contact her.
Her profile on the forum right now is harder to get to - I had to log out to get to it (there's a glitch on the site right now). Once you are logged out you can just click on her name and it will take you to her forum profile that also has a contact me area. According to her forum profile she last logged in in 2009 and lives in Texas.
Kind regards,
Dickons