Advertisements
Advertisements
Dakotaa
Hi Gabriel. What is your exact birthdate. If your b mom lived in the house taken care of by Mary Ellen busby your birth would be noted on her calendar. However I have found most of the b moms living in that house were under 21. The older ones lived and worked on there own. Hopefully laws are going to change and adoptees will have more rights. even though we got Maura s file open and then abruptly closed I think her b mom situation was a difficult one. Feel free to call my cell. 6107031782. Did you register with Farr to see if she might have registered Maura did start a facebook for cc but I need to work on it. I also am putting together our search journey and will send it to all the bmom and kids that I found feel free to send your email and I'll add you. What is your birth date. Molly McGuire lieberman
Ive been meaning to reply sooner but Ive been busy with school and completely forgot. My birthdate is December 2nd 1986. My birthmom was about 21/22 when she gave birth to me. I do know that she was in school at the time and have been searching the local colleges and universities but have come up empty. If you want to get in touch with me my email is gabriel.ferrer01@gmail.com.
Advertisements
you have to stay on them but if you are looking you can do this. i know, because i did, and i have reunited with my daughter.
contact DCF, tell them you were with children. You had an open adoption, they have to locate your "box/file" .
you have to stay on them, call every week wanting a status. once your file is located you can send a letter with the file number on it, they forward it the adoptive parents.
my first letter through the state said, have not been doing much lately other than sports and facebook. and signed it with my full name.
2 months later, i got an email on facebook saying " hi mom remember me" (( she was 14 at the time ))
we have since had our reunion 5 years ago, and she is moving in for collage this week.
DO NOT take the files are sealed, that is them just being lazy. Best of luck to all of you looking
xoxox
I just found out my mom was in a home with Mary ellen, she has fond memories of her helping them through that tough time.
Big shout out to all Chosen Children Agency Of Lake Worth, FL Birth moms and kids.. I am an adoptive mom of a baby girl born 7/22/86 thru this agency. I had been trying to locate the sainted Mary Ellen Busby who was the house mom on B ST. and then A Ave. from 1984 to 1994. Her granddaughter found me on this site a week ago.. Mary Ellen is in hospice and they wanted to find women from those days.. I have been trying for years to help my daughter locate her bmom to obtain medical info and would have welcomed contact.. I flew to Texas this week and visited with Mary Ellen and her wonderful family..She was very lucid and we got two of the CC bmoms on speaker phone to talk to her and share memories . It brought her great peace. She actually had her calender from 1986 and 1987 that chronicled your lives. First names only so no identifying info. I actually came to the conclusion that Maura's bmom probably didn't live in the house or in the Coconut apts. and maybe lived on her own.. If anyone remembers a 5'10 woman who we were told was from NJ who gave birth on 7/22/86 in Good Sam email me at lieb52@aol.com. If any of you would take the time to write a letter to Mary Ellen please send it care of her granddaughter Leslie Holloway at 3152 Halton RD. Halton City , TX 76117.. You can keep it anonymous but don't have to either. I have been blessed to have communicated with quite a number of wonderful birth moms as well as children from this agency and there should be an easier way to connect with each other.. Know that you can register on FARR.com Florida's official registry. My daughter and I are going to set up a face book for Birth , Adoptive and birth children to be able to connect without having to go thru expensive legal channels.. warmest regards Molly PS My second adopted daughter has met her birth mother and half sisters and it has been a wonderful experience for all of us.
Advertisements
Also, I am looking for a girl born around 10 28-30 1987 at St Mary's. I know my mom used CC and remembers Mary ellen. My mom is trying to uphold privacy laws or whatever, but said if my sister showed up she'd love to talk to her. (I think my mom's afraid of the rejection) I thought the girl might not know, but the letter her adoptive parents write my mom made it souls like they wanted her to know they chose her, and my mom wrote her a letter for then to give her when they told her. We do have some health issues I'd like to share with her, and I just ordered a DNA test and am praying she does/did too! I'm also going to register with the state, but I thought maybe, if I'm lucky, she will send me a message at armychick787@yahoo.com.
Last update on May 17, 5:29 pm by Amanda Huddleston.
Looking for a birth mom! Daughter born May 11th, 1987, (5/11/1987) and adopted by Chosen Children.
Please get in touch, answer to this comment here or anything. She really wants to get in touch with her BM.
Hi Gabriel. What is your exact birthdate. If your b mom lived in the house taken care of by Mary Ellen busby your birth would be noted on her calendar. However I have found most of the b moms living in that house were under 21. The older ones lived and worked on there own. Hopefully laws are going to change and adoptees will have more rights. even though we got Maura s file open and then abruptly closed I think her b mom situation was a difficult one. Feel free to call my cell. 6107031782. Did you register with Farr to see if she might have registered Maura did start a facebook for cc but I need to work on it. I also am putting together our search journey and will send it to all the bmom and kids that I found feel free to send your email and I'll add you. What is your birth date. Molly McGuire lieberman
Is there anyway to look for a birthday on the calander? I have a feeling I don’t have the right date. Might be off by a day or so. I’m not sure. I would love to speak to you about this! I’m hitting all the dead ends on finding my sister.
Please do AncestryDNA if you can, it goes on sale a few times a year, and you’ll be able to find them pretty fast, esp with a search angel through Facebook.
Looking for a birth mom! Daughter born May 11th, 1987, (5/11/1987) and adopted by Chosen Children.
Please get in touch, answer to this comment here or anything. She really wants to get in touch with her BM.
Advertisements
I'm also looking for any information I can about my birth parents. All I know is I was born in Lauderhill, FL on July 9, 1975 (7/9/75), baby boy. I was adopted when I was about a month old after moving through a few foster homes. I know that I am mixed with African American and Italian. I dont know much else. Looking for a nugget.
Hello, I was in the house in Lake Worth in 1987, I remember Mary Ellen very well. She took great care of us ladies in the house, remember her drinking the juice from cooked broccoli, not sure why that stays in my mind. She was kind and good to all of us in the house. Ran across this site as I think daily as the son I gave up for adoption in 1987.
Wondering if can get info from Mary Ellen's calendar as I was there living in house in 1987, I see that she has passed away? Not sure what happened to this agency as have been looking for this agency to try and add myself to a registry as know years ago was a closed adoption, but wanted to get my info out there incase looking for me, sad to read some of the comments about this place.
Ive been meaning to reply sooner but Ive been busy with school and completely forgot. My birthdate is December 2nd 1986. My birthmom was about 21/22 when she gave birth to me. I do know that she was in school at the time and have been searching the local colleges and universities but have come up empty. If you want to get in touch with me my email is gabriel.ferrer01@gmail.com.
So I have a feeling I was the very first child that Jan Cohn and Bennett S. Cohnput up for adoption as I was adopted in 1982. Is it normal for an adoptees birth certificate to not list any hospital at all?
Advertisements
I have no clue if I’m in the right place, but I was an adopted from Chosen Children in 1985. I don’t have much paperwork but I used to get a gift from the agency until I was maybe 7. If anyone has info please email me at abrdn@icloud.com