Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a ** who gave birth in 1984 and the adoption was handled
through Chose Children Adoption Agency (Jan Cohn)
I am finding it very difficult to search for my daughter. There are things about this agency that do not seem to be on the up and up.
The Fl. Dept of Vaital Statistics has no record of me, the birth of my daughter or her adoption. they also stated that there was no original birth cert. filed with them. wich is a must! and the hospital states they have no records of me as well.
hoping to meet others who went through this agency and are finding problems in their search.
I am left with the fear that I may never be able to find my LOST ANGEL!,
gillian
:confused: I was recently contacted by my B-daughter...We have been in touch for almost 4 weeks now,,,and to get any info from the agencies or hospitals are like pulling teeth,,,,We were confused about one thing...the b-date is off by 15 days....I just found out that in the early 1980's that not only could they change the name of the b-child but they could also change the b-date,,,so we are in the process for getting DNA tesing next week..So good luck in your search...I will keep you in my prayers. PS....It is almost impossiable to find adptees or B-parents because of the law they past in the 1980's
Advertisements
THank you for the insight.
you know for 20 years I have had a gut feeling that something was not right whith the adoption. there were things done that
seemed out of the norm. but at 18 I put my trust this woman, she was a master at minipulation and very good at spinning words to convince you to relinquish your baby.
When I started my journey to search and heal, I reached out to different support groups, and I voiced my feelings on the possibility that the date and place of birth might have been changed on my daughters b-cert.
the responce I recieved was , "This could not have happened",
"it is against the law"," Fl. stopped changing b-cert in the 70's"....... yada,yada, yada.
No one really wanted to believe that this could have been done.
I was told ro register with FARR , so I did and about 3 weeks later
recieved a letter that they were unable to register me because vital statistics had nothing on me or my daughters birth. NOTHING !! no paper trail to be found. They advised me to double check my info to make sure the date of birth..............ect was correct. (As if this would be something I would forget.)
The fact is I have saved all paper work even the hospital bracelet from me and my baby. I also have reciepts
from my Dr. appointments as well as a copy of the relinquishment papers I signed, mind you moments after giving birth while I was still under the influence of the drugs they pumped into my body!. Now you tell me, Am I Crazy or living on a different planet? or do you smell a rat? lol
I believe that money can buy anything! (Lawyers, docters, judges, and mabey even people within the dept of vital stat. )
Was this what happened to me? I don't know at this point.
all I know is I am unable to find the help I need to uncover the truth!. I have called every dept within the state and it turns into a maze ( every one passes the buck )and every turn is a dead end.
I dont understand any of this. I am Angry, Hurt and
Confused. Its like having salt poured into my already open wound. Well I think I've sounded off enough. thanks again for
your reply and understanding.
I am praying for you! I hope the DNA is a +.
God Bless
Gillian
It seems that you went through a bogus center. My daughters were adopted out by the Tampa, FL welfare department back in 1984 or before. I have a lot of frustration when I can't get any info about how to go about getting a line on them.
Like one thing, is it possible to get a birth certificate on someone that was born in FL? I would like to know, because not only was I born in fL, but also, my daughters.
I was wondering if you could do me a favor???
Could you get me the address to the 1) St. Petersburg General Hospitla in St. Petersburg, FL? and also
get me the address to the Clearwater Hospital, if that is what it is called. I have been long from there and have no idea what the laws are there in FL? If there is anything that I may help you on, please ask, except for money that is. Hope you situation is better and you get a line on the crooks who stole your child.
tlane4691941@yahoo.com
Have a good day!!
This two are in St Petersburg. There are a few others I think. I live on the opposite coast in West Palm Beach but have been searching that area for leads on a search for my husbands birth family. Hope that helps a bit.
St Anthony's Hospital
Location 1200 7th Avenue North
St Petersburg Florida 33705
Phone 727-825-1100
Website [url]http://www.bsahealth.org[/url]
Location 701 Sixth St S
St Petersburg Florida 33701
BayFront Hopsital
( formerly Mound Parks Hospital)
(code 62-13 I think , for those of you who are searching to match b/c codes with hospitals )
Phone 727-893-6801
Website [url]http://www.bayfront.org/ [/url]
Good Luck :)
Hi I am an adoptive mom..I was delighted to adopt my son through them in 1993...Jan and Alan Cohn. However, now my son is sick..and we have no way of finding out what happened to this agency..do you happen to know?
Advertisements
I got your message about your son being sick and all, but I don't know a Jan or Alan Cohen, nor their agency., but I will look into it. I sure hope that someone, will be able to tell you. I found this article on FL, etc., and it said that if you have a sick adopted child, that you should go to " T.I.E.S. " -Terminal Illness Emergency Search., but I don't know the address. See if you can find it in SEARCH. Good luck, and God Bless you and your son.
I recently spoke to my mom about her experience through chosen cdren, and while she isn't actively searching, and feels like she has to 'up hold the closed adoption agreement' she did say that they told her, 'you aren't even here' as if to reassure her everyone would do everything to keep it hush hush. As a half sister I think I can register in the Florida data base, but I'm also doing DNA ASAP. Have 2 sisters and a cousin lost to this agency.
THank you for the insight.
you know for 20 years I have had a gut feeling that something was not right whith the adoption. there were things done that
seemed out of the norm. but at 18 I put my trust this woman, she was a master at minipulation and very good at spinning words to convince you to relinquish your baby.
When I started my journey to search and heal, I reached out to different support groups, and I voiced my feelings on the possibility that the date and place of birth might have been changed on my daughters b-cert.
the responce I recieved was , "This could not have happened",
"it is against the law"," Fl. stopped changing b-cert in the 70's"....... yada,yada, yada.
No one really wanted to believe that this could have been done.
I was told ro register with FARR , so I did and about 3 weeks later
recieved a letter that they were unable to register me because vital statistics had nothing on me or my daughters birth. NOTHING !! no paper trail to be found. They advised me to double check my info to make sure the date of birth..............ect was correct. (As if this would be something I would forget.)
The fact is I have saved all paper work even the hospital bracelet from me and my baby. I also have reciepts
from my Dr. appointments as well as a copy of the relinquishment papers I signed, mind you moments after giving birth while I was still under the influence of the drugs they pumped into my body!. Now you tell me, Am I Crazy or living on a different planet? or do you smell a rat? lol
I believe that money can buy anything! (Lawyers, docters, judges, and mabey even people within the dept of vital stat. )
Was this what happened to me? I don't know at this point.
all I know is I am unable to find the help I need to uncover the truth!. I have called every dept within the state and it turns into a maze ( every one passes the buck )and every turn is a dead end.
I dont understand any of this. I am Angry, Hurt and
Confused. Its like having salt poured into my already open wound. Well I think I've sounded off enough. thanks again for
your reply and understanding.
I am praying for you! I hope the DNA is a +.
God Bless
Gillian
Last update on January 9, 7:45 pm by Amanda Huddleston.