Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi
Our daughter is 3 1/2 and we already started talking to her about adoption. The best way for ME, was to tell her that some moms can grow babies in their bellies and some can't. So God picked a very special girl for YOU to grow in and when it was time for you to be born, MOM and DAD came to the hospital, picked you up and brought you home.
Right now, for her age, she's satisifed with this. I don't feel the need to get into why her birthmother chose adoption, instead of raising her herself. She wouldn't understand and I feel there's plently of time to get into that as she grows.
If and when my daughter is older and wants to find and meet her birthmom, well, then I'll help her in that process. I could never bad mouth the birthmom or want to discourage my daughter in any way because this woman gave me a beautiful child that I wasn't able to have on my own! I will do the same thing for my 2nd daughter too, she's 2 1/2 months old right now.
I think when you talk to your children at a young age, there aren't surprises later and hopefully they will thank you for that as adults. Good luck to everyone! ;)