Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
thank you to all have replied here. There is a bit more to my story. We did pick him up right from the hospital but he was a foster child with us and we did not adopt him until after he was 2. He does not remember himself as a foster child because we were always his mommy and daddy. He does remember other foster children I had when he was young tho. He did visit with his bmother in jail and in a drug rehab but he was so very small that he has NO recollection of this. He did visit his bfather (alcoholic) and I do have a picture of the 2 of them together but again he was to young to remember any of this. He also has a bsister and bbrother.
I don't feel I need to tell him all this "other" info. I hope you all agree on that with me. His bmother used drugs her whole pregnancy so he does have some behavioral problems and hyperactivity but he is such a joy. He is a very bright little boy, all A's in school.
I am planning on telling him over the next few days. I just have to prepare (in my mind) what and how I want to tell him. Would you all suggest I tell him the truth if he asked if I ever met his bmother and father? I think hes to young to know ALL the facts right now.
Thanks again for all the advice. :)