Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Well, I told my son this afternoon that he is adopted. It probably was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I had much difficulty with it but did not let my fears and insecurities show. I went in the bathroom and cried :-)
So far all he asked was why his mother gave him up for adoption. I told him she was young and just was not able to be a good mother so she loved him so much that she wanted us to be his forever mom and dad. He asked their names and I told him. He asked if his "real" mom was alive. I told him I am his "real" mom and that I did not honestly know if his bmother was still alive. He wanted to know if I knew where she lived(which I do not). I did tell him when he gets older if he wants to look for his bparents I would help him do that.
There is alot more he needs to know but not all at once.
But my worse fear already happened. He said to me that I am not his "real" mom. I did not give birth to him. So I did tell him I am very much real and I am always going to be his mom. He is very close to my mother and he asked if his grammy was his real grammy.
If anyone has any advice from this point on I would greatly appreciate it. It is somewhat of a comfort to know the "secret" is out now. But I have to be honest, I am so worried that I am going to be hearing alot more of "you're not my real mom" from my son.
He actually was more inquizative about his bmother than his bfather. I did not even tell him he has a bbrother and bsister that bdad is rasing. I guess all in good time.
Thanks again to all who offered suggestions :-)