Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, my name is Nicole. And I have been searching for my adopted sister.
Some facts:
She was born in Berwick, Pa at the Berwick Hospital Center.
Her birth name was Christine. Her adoption was done by Catholic Charities. Now, the age I am not clear on. I have red many of the post here regarding Catholic Charities and how the birthdate can be change.
My mom was so heartbroken by having to put her up for adoption that her memory on the date is not clear, and no one at the doctor's office will seem to help her.
All she wanted for my sister was a good home and parents that were able to provide her with what my mom couldn't at the time.
My mom would love to find her as well. My mom's name is Florence and she is 62 years old. Her last name at the time was Hunsinger.
The year is either 1971 or 1972.
If anyone has any information that could help us, please PM me.
I would love to get to know my sister. It has always felt like someone was missing in our family.
I have two older sisters and an older brother and we would all love to find her as well.
God Bless,
Nicole
I was born in December 1976 in Hazleton PA, which is near Berwick. So much information can be lost or changed that I thought replying to you was worth a shot. I know that my birthmother had other children before me, and probably after me. I was supposedly named Leann at the time of my birth. My birthmother was at one time a sewing machine operator. Any connection?
Advertisements
Nicole, I am a resident in Berwick, Pa. I actually worked at the Berwick Hospital from
1970 to 1975. I do not know anything about your sister, however I do know people that work in physicians offices.
I was adopted and I adopted our oldest child, so I do know how you feel about finding your sister. I am on these sites to try to find family history. You may Email me and if I can help you I will.
jehb@mail.usa.com
God Bless, Jeanne
Hi Jeanne,
Could your sister have been born as early as 1965? I am helping an adoptee locate her Bfamily. She was born possibly in 1965. She is about 5'7", has brown hair with reddish highlights, hazel eyes, suffers with asthma and has a small reddish birthmark on back of one leg.Please reply to my email address. Thank you. Jeanna (email) michaelsgranny@hotmail.com
[FONT=Georgia]Thank you to everyone that replied. :)
I worked at Berwick Hospital for 6 years from 1995-2000. I did have someone look up records on my mom and the only thing they found was and index card that stated the date, doctor and time of birth. I wrote them down, but have since lost or misplaced the details during my move. :( The only thing that comes to mind is October, 1971 or 72 and Dr. Albert Alley Sr. And of course, my mom told me she was not permitted to hold her, see her or even name her. But she called her Christina.
The card indicated that the records were no longer availble in print detail. :( So, I am not even sure if my mom can get records from the doctor. He is now retired and his son has taken over the office. Since, all the records have been cleaned out. No one is willing to help us there. I know this is all vague, but I am praying it may help in some way. That is why I came here.
I turned to Catholic Charities for help. They said they located the adoption files, but we have to pay $300 to find her! Of course, no money is too much to find our sister, BUT they don't even garentee contact. SO, I am at a point where I don't know what to do. And none of us are getting younger. We all really, truely want to find our sister!
[/FONT]
To answer some questions:
Angeleak1: I know there were 2 names on my papers. Gelzinis and Myers. I know she would be in her early 60's now. They told me she was about 5'7. They said she gave another child up for adoption when she was young and I'm not sure if she had any children after she had me.
(Angeleak1) My mom's last name at the time was Hunsinger. And she never gave another child up for adoption. I do hope and pray you find your mother.
kee125 (Karen):I have been helping my sister look for adopted birth mother. We were told she was born 12-22-71, and the adoption was completed in 1972. All we know is that Attny. Robert Strickler handled the adoption. He brought her home to us the day after Christmas 1971. Our mom thinks that her birth mother had older child/children. We were also told she was quite over-due when she was born. We are from York, PA. If any of this sounds familiar to your mother, please contact me, and I will put you in touch with my sister. (Maybe your sister?)
(Karen) - Do you have anymore information. Like birth place, doctor, anything? I got really excited when I red your post, because I know back then they kept babies in foster care for at least two months before the adoptive parents were able to bring them home. Was she adopted through Catholic Charities?? I look forward to your response.
Deahsella12976: I was born in December 1976 in Hazleton PA, which is near Berwick. So much information can be lost or changed that I thought replying to you was worth a shot. I know that my birthmother had other children before me, and probably after me. I was supposedly named Leann at the time of my birth. My birthmother was at one time a sewing machine operator. Any connection?
Deahsella12976 - My mom was a sewing machine operator at Milco Inc. in Berwick, Pa. So, that is similiar, but everything else is unfortunately different information. I do know my sister was born in 1971 - 1972 in Berwick. I was born in 1975, so I know for a fact that she was not born after me. I do hope I have helped and I pray for you to find your mother. I may be on the opposite end, but I know how it feels to want to find someone that is a part of you. Many best wishes! :)
jeanne: Nicole, I am a resident in Berwick, Pa. I actually worked at the Berwick Hospital from
1970 to 1975. I do not know anything about your sister, however I do know people that work in physicians offices. I was adopted and I adopted our oldest child, so I do know how you feel about finding your sister. I am on these sites to try to find family history. You may Email me and if I can help you I will.
jehb@mail.usa.com
God Bless, Jeanne
Jeanne- The doctor that was there for the birth was Dr. Albert Alley Sr. We have tried that route and had no luck, but if you know people that can help, please email me. I would be so grateful! My mom still resides in Berwick, but I am now in State College. If you think you can help me, please PM me. Thanks a bunch!
Advertisements
My mom got the real birth date!!!
I am hoping this helps.
My adopted sister was born on November 9th, 1970.
I was off on the year, so I wanted to make sure that I posted the real date.
Hi Nicole,
I will try to get more info from my sister, and my mom. I think my dad knows more than he will say, I'll keep working on him. My sister now lives in North Carolina. I am moving from Pennsylvania to Florida next week. As soon as I get hooked back up with the internet, I'll get back to you.
Karen
I will try to get more info from my sister, and my mom. I think my dad knows more than he will say, I'll keep working on him. My sister now lives in North Carolina. I am moving from Pennsylvania to Florida next week. As soon as I get hooked back up with the internet, I'll get back to you.
Karen
Karen,
Now that I have the actual birthdate, do you think there still may be a chance? My sister was born 11/9/70, so your sister would of been 13 months old when she was brought home, if you think there is a match.
Also, my mom said she had brown hair, like I do. My family is of Italian background and we all are fairly short to average height. I have brown eyes like my mom and my sisters have hazel. My brother has blue eyes. But we all have dark brown or light brown hair. If this fits in any way, please let me know. Goodluck on your move!!
Thank you, Nicole
I am still looking for my sister. I have been on the adoption site in a long while, but it doesn't mean we have given up! Still looking and praying!! I have since moved back to Berwick to be closer to my mom and other siblings. I now have 3 year old twins, along with my 7 year old, so time has passed. The only reason I have not been on the site is due to the fact that we had not had the internet for serveral years. I have been very busy being a mommy and have also been going through some medical issues. If anyone that has replied to this thread in the passed is still around, please email me!! I am never going to give up! My sister is out there!! Our mom is now 69 and is not in the greatest of health. I know she would give anything to meet her daughter...
My email is now, hokefam5@pa.metrocast.net
We still have the same information. My mom has sent medical background, signed papers, and we have exhausted letters to Catholic Charities...they have done nothing!! They said that once my mom did all this, the information would be released to the adoptive parents to do with what they want, but we do not know how true that is. My older sisters have been searching as well. We are not giving up. If our sister is out there, we want you to know we have been looking for you for over 10 years now! We would of started sooner, but my mom was told there was nothing she could do, way back when from Catholic Services, and they convinced her that it would only make things worse for our adoptive sister, well, I believe now she is old enough to decide, now 40. My mom always wanted to find you, she was just afraid to intrude, and had always hoped and prayed you had a better life then what she could provide. We struggled a lot growing-up, and it was always hard. My mom wanted you, but was forced to give you up, because at the time, she already had 3 kids, was going through a terrible divorce and was seriously struggling. Her aunt/uncle and the priest at her church convienced her that adoption was the best alternative for her little girl to have a substantial life. PLEASE, PLEASE, if you are out their, at least let us know you are ok. Thank you! Nicole
Advertisements
My sisters date of birth is Nov 9?, 1970
She would of been born at Berwick Hospital Center, Berwick, PA. The physician was Dr. Albert Alley
The adoption was handled by Catholic Charities.
OMG, if you can help, I would be so very thankful!
God Bless!
I wish I could help you, but this woman 's DOB is supposedly 7/4/65. I wish you success in your search. Never give up!
God bless you too.
Hi, my name is Tara and I have a sister named Christine that is adopted and born in 1971. The month if i am correct is may. Her name at this time is Christine Lynn Gray. She lives in Baltimore Maryland I don't have anything more current as I have not talked to her since I was a teenager. I hope this helps and she is who you are looking for. By the way we were raised in Mill Hall Pa.:D :cheer:
Advertisements
kittykatt22
Hi, my name is Tara and I have a sister named Christine that is adopted and born in 1971. The month if i am correct is may. Her name at this time is Christine Lynn Gray. She lives in Baltimore Maryland I don't have anything more current as I have not talked to her since I was a teenager. I hope this helps and she is who you are looking for. By the way we were raised in Mill Hall Pa.:D :cheer:
Tara,
If there is any chance you may be able to get more information for me, I would be so greatful! Still searching! Do you know if Christine is searching for her birthmom? Anything will help. thank you!
:thanks:
I really dont know any more that that as I no longer talk to my a family very much. Nicole my A-sister Christine has dark brown hair and brown eyes. to look at her you would think that she is italian. :cheer: I have attached a picture of my A-sister Christine this was taken in April of this year so it is pretty recent.:flower: