Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
[FONT=Georgia]Thank you to everyone that replied. :)
I worked at Berwick Hospital for 6 years from 1995-2000. I did have someone look up records on my mom and the only thing they found was and index card that stated the date, doctor and time of birth. I wrote them down, but have since lost or misplaced the details during my move. :( The only thing that comes to mind is October, 1971 or 72 and Dr. Albert Alley Sr. And of course, my mom told me she was not permitted to hold her, see her or even name her. But she called her Christina.
The card indicated that the records were no longer availble in print detail. :( So, I am not even sure if my mom can get records from the doctor. He is now retired and his son has taken over the office. Since, all the records have been cleaned out. No one is willing to help us there. I know this is all vague, but I am praying it may help in some way. That is why I came here.
I turned to Catholic Charities for help. They said they located the adoption files, but we have to pay $300 to find her! Of course, no money is too much to find our sister, BUT they don't even garentee contact. SO, I am at a point where I don't know what to do. And none of us are getting younger. We all really, truely want to find our sister!
[/FONT]
To answer some questions:
Angeleak1: I know there were 2 names on my papers. Gelzinis and Myers. I know she would be in her early 60's now. They told me she was about 5'7. They said she gave another child up for adoption when she was young and I'm not sure if she had any children after she had me.
(Angeleak1) My mom's last name at the time was Hunsinger. And she never gave another child up for adoption. I do hope and pray you find your mother.
kee125 (Karen):I have been helping my sister look for adopted birth mother. We were told she was born 12-22-71, and the adoption was completed in 1972. All we know is that Attny. Robert Strickler handled the adoption. He brought her home to us the day after Christmas 1971. Our mom thinks that her birth mother had older child/children. We were also told she was quite over-due when she was born. We are from York, PA. If any of this sounds familiar to your mother, please contact me, and I will put you in touch with my sister. (Maybe your sister?)
(Karen) - Do you have anymore information. Like birth place, doctor, anything? I got really excited when I red your post, because I know back then they kept babies in foster care for at least two months before the adoptive parents were able to bring them home. Was she adopted through Catholic Charities?? I look forward to your response.