Advertisements
Advertisements
Dear Erin,
You turned 25 a few days ago. I remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday. Such a perfect little baby. Your soft, dark hair - huge blue eyes. I wonder if they stayed blue. Are you happy? Can you understand why I couldn't keep you? I wanted so much for you - things I wasn't capable of giving. You deserved two parents to love you and help you grow. At seventeen I was barely capable of caring for my self.
You have four brothers now. Patrick was born in 1985 - right before Christmas and but saddly, he died at birth. I mourned for both of you. Both my babies that I couldn't have. Your other brothers are Matthew(17), Andrew(14) and Nathan (9). At each stage of thier lives I would wonder what you were like at that age. How old were you when you first rolled over? sat alone? took your first step? Did you like school? Did you go to senior prom? What did you wear? Did you go to college? I went back to college 7 years ago and will be graduating next June with a degree in information technology.
Are you happy? Have you found a soul mate? I have been married for 23 years to a wonderful man. He knows all about you. He held me tonight as I cried for you. Each year on your birthday I take out your picture and hospital certificate with the tiny imprints of your little feet. Erin - I am so sorry - I couldn't find the picture this year. I just don't know what could have happened to it. I've looked everywhere. I pray I find it. Your little face is burned into my memory - I will never forget what you looked like.
I hope your life is happy. Please know I love you. A mother's heart never forgets.
Advertisements
Where did you you deliver this baby? Can you tell me more about her?
quote=74642]
Dear Erin,
You turned 25 a few days ago. I remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday. Such a perfect little baby. Your soft, dark hair - huge blue eyes. I wonder if they stayed blue. Are you happy? Can you understand why I couldn't keep you? I wanted so much for you - things I wasn't capable of giving. You deserved two parents to love you and help you grow. At seventeen I was barely capable of caring for my self.
You have four brothers now. Patrick was born in 1985 - right before Christmas and but saddly, he died at birth. I mourned for both of you. Both my babies that I couldn't have. Your other brothers are Matthew(17), Andrew(14) and Nathan (9). At each stage of thier lives I would wonder what you were like at that age. How old were you when you first rolled over? sat alone? took your first step? Did you like school? Did you go to senior prom? What did you wear? Did you go to college? I went back to college 7 years ago and will be graduating next June with a degree in information technology.
Are you happy? Have you found a soul mate? I have been married for 23 years to a wonderful man. He knows all about you. He held me tonight as I cried for you. Each year on your birthday I take out your picture and hospital certificate with the tiny imprints of your little feet. Erin - I am so sorry - I couldn't find the picture this year. I just don't know what could have happened to it. I've looked everywhere. I pray I find it. Your little face is burned into my memory - I will never forget what you looked like.
I hope your life is happy. Please know I love you. A mother's heart never forgets.
[/quote]