Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, my name is Tom and I am helping my grandmother try and connect with family, she is 90 so its probable that not may are left but she wanted to give it a shot. From what we know she was adopted at age 2 from the St. Peters Memphis so born in 1929 and adopted in 1931. She cant find any info on it but firmly believes her family name was Lloyd and from Ripley, TN.
Ive called around to try and find the records from St. Peters but as they are no more i just get pin-balled from one person to another. If any one knows the best way to find this info or any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
Tom,
I think I found your grandmother in the 1930 Census living in the St Peters Orphanage on Poplar and McLean Streets in Memphis TN. I say that because I found a Virginia Lloyd age 1 which would match with what your grandmother said and her age.
Now how to find her family, TN allows adoptees to request their original birth certificate. That is your next step is to follow the steps in this link, as your grandmother was adopted prior to 1951 there's a special process - scroll down till you get to it on the right side of the page. Good luck.
1 Liked
 likes this.