Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
My husband and I have recently decided that we are going to try to adopt 2 sisters from Honduras (7&11). I met these girls at an orphanage where I volunteer in Honduras, and I fell in LOVE!
I KNEW that Honduras does not complete very many adoptions to the United States each year (under 20!?) but I still thought I'd find other hopefull parents on here... at least a few.
If anyone else is thinking of/doing an adoption in Honduras, knows anyone who is, or even knows another place where I can contact other people who have or will adopt from Honduras, Please let me know... I'd like some information and some support!
Stef
Update:
For those of you who ARE considering or persuing adoption, I am still looking to network with other adoptive parents.
From my experience SO far, we will eventually be able to adopt the 2 little girls that we have met at the orphanage in Honduras. We have an agency, a lawyer and have already started our homestudy and USCIS petition for the adoption as well as communicating with the US Embassy in Honduras about our specifics.
Do not hesitate to contact me for further information. There are many others I've been in touch with already that are either hoping or persuing Honduran adoptions. Not many, but some.
PM me if you want to chat
Stefanie
Advertisements
I'm so glad there are now some adoptions coming out
of Honduras. There is def. a need and the children
are so beautiful. Do you have any idea on the time
frame? I hope it is a speedy one for your sake!!
I don't know what the typical time frames are for adoptions, but I know that there are a few looking for babies and they have been told the wait time is long... unfortunately 2-3 years!!! (I am hoping that as the system changes, this changes as well. ). I am hoping in our case that this whole adoption, from first signing on with an agency and starting our homestudy, will not take more than a year... but that is optimistically. IF everything goes well with the abandonment/permission to adopt by the mother and the courts etc.
There have been some MAJOR changes recently and hopefully that keeps happening and speeds things up. A friend just received her referal from IHNFA to adopt the 2 girls she has been working on adopting for a few years now. What that means is IHNFA is finally willing to allow people to pick the children they want (especially in this kind of case with 2 teenagers who have been true orphans for many years) AND also allowing these girls to be adopted from a private orphanage and not an IHNFA run home. This is MAJOR progress and exactly the kind of thing I need as I will be requesting 2 sisters from the SAME orphanage.
I am really happy that things seem to be improving in Honduras. The First Lady is very involved with adoptions right now, and trying to adopt some children for herself as well, so she is making changes it seems. Honduras has so many beautiful children who desperately need something better than the orphanages and "children's homes" that they live in.
Feeling optimistic and hoping more will join me soon to bring some angels home
Stefanie
Advertisements
My husband and I have recently decided that we are going to try to adopt 2 sisters from Honduras (7&11). I met these girls at an orphanage where I volunteer in Honduras, and I fell in LOVE!
I KNEW that Honduras does not complete very many adoptions to the United States each year (under 20!?) but I still thought I'd find other hopefull parents on here... at least a few.
If anyone else adoption in Honduras, knows anyone who is, or even knows who i can contact to adopt my nietas in Honduras, Please let me know... I'd like some information and some support You also can call me at 913 206-1087
Hi there
We have a support group for adoption at [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HondurasAdoption/[/url]
just join and you can chat with other people interested in honduran adoption
Stefanie
moderator of [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HondurasAdoption/[/url]
we are still waiting to bring our girls home :hissy: ... but there is always hope it'll be soon!
Would love to hear your story. I have been two Honduras 3 times volunteering at a private orphanage and have a young girl my wife and I absolutely adore.
Advertisements
Does it really take 2 to 3 years to adopt from Honduras? I don't have that long. We have a 5 year old daughter. My husband is hispanic. So we would like to adopt from Central or South American country. Does anyone know of a country and adoption agency where we can get a child a lot sooner? I would like to adopt but I am nervous about adopting an older child instead of an infant. Can anyone tell me of their experience adopting an older child internationally? I'm just looking for a good agency and a good overall experience. Any suggestions??