Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I don't know what the typical time frames are for adoptions, but I know that there are a few looking for babies and they have been told the wait time is long... unfortunately 2-3 years!!! (I am hoping that as the system changes, this changes as well. ). I am hoping in our case that this whole adoption, from first signing on with an agency and starting our homestudy, will not take more than a year... but that is optimistically. IF everything goes well with the abandonment/permission to adopt by the mother and the courts etc.
There have been some MAJOR changes recently and hopefully that keeps happening and speeds things up. A friend just received her referal from IHNFA to adopt the 2 girls she has been working on adopting for a few years now. What that means is IHNFA is finally willing to allow people to pick the children they want (especially in this kind of case with 2 teenagers who have been true orphans for many years) AND also allowing these girls to be adopted from a private orphanage and not an IHNFA run home. This is MAJOR progress and exactly the kind of thing I need as I will be requesting 2 sisters from the SAME orphanage.
I am really happy that things seem to be improving in Honduras. The First Lady is very involved with adoptions right now, and trying to adopt some children for herself as well, so she is making changes it seems. Honduras has so many beautiful children who desperately need something better than the orphanages and "children's homes" that they live in.
Feeling optimistic and hoping more will join me soon to bring some angels home
Stefanie