Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi Trish,
I tried to post a reply and it didn't work (must be my great comuter skills) so this one will be shorter.
I used Paterson CC and live in the nest town. I would assume your ** lived close to Paterson also. Is either possibility nearer than the other? Do you have ages for these women? Sometimes locateamerica (first search - the free one) helps by giving an age. Is the name common or not? Could this be the same person who has moved? Could you call/write and fish around with a good story so you might know which way to go? Could this be mother and daughter with the same names?
The few times I spoke to my CC social worker, I got the distinct impression she also was dealing with the adoptive parents. But my mind was pretty made up when I went to Saint Elizabeth's and I never spoke to her again once I got there. Not that I couldn't have benefitted from some social service, but I received none. I went to Trenton because that home was the biggest and furthest away of the two CC mentioned. But I couldn't go into St. E's until a girl I graduated high school with left - I knew she was there, but she didn't know I was coming, so CC protected her privacy. Such a small world.
Joanne