Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Originally Posted By mimi
There was a TV show on international adoption the other day and they concluded that if you adopt a child who is racially different from you and your spouse that it is best if you live in an integrated neighborhood. They also said it is helful to bring their culture into your house (food, art, pictures of leaders from their ethnic background). It was also brought up that if you have biological children and adopt children from a different ethnic background that the children do better if you adopt 2 or more. If you have biological children and want to bring in children that match your family I have heard that Kazahkstan is a good place to look. I understand that it is below Russia and above China. A woman I spoke with said that the children there range from the blond blue eyed Russian children to dark eyed dark skined children and everything in between. They seem to be well taken care of. The rule in Kaz is you need to go there for two weeks and visit the child everyday in the orphanage. Then you take the child to the capital and do the paperwork. I think this is great because it allows you and your child an ajustment period.