Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Originally Posted By mamita - to mimi
My child from Colombia is Caucasian in appearance, and if often mistaken for our birth child. She is lighter then me, with fine, Caucasian , light brown hair, with the same auburn highlights that I have. Of couse, this does not matter to me. You have to realize, that Colombia has a diverse population, and while we were adopting from Colombia, we met a family who were adopting a blonde hair, blue eyed child. You can't generalize what a child wil look like, as there are people with Caucasian features living all over Colombiaand the rest of South America as well.We wanted a very young baby, and that is what we got..... a beautiful 6 week old , tiny angel, who looks like her mommy ( ME !), and who is loved by all.
And no.... we don't live in a racially integrated area. We prefer suburbia, and feel we can raise our child best there. Even though she looks Cauc., we still list her race as Hispanic, and talk to her about her homeland as much as we can.But thank you so much for your insight. Very interesting ! Just be careful what those experts say, as they have known to be wrong, and it seems gullable people just seem to eat up those words! :)