Advertisements
Advertisements
What do you do for a shower if it's your first child but most all of your family and friends live in other states and most of them would not be able to come to a shower? Some from either family DO NOT believe in a cyber shower. What is that anyway?:confused:
A good friend of mine is married to an active duty Marine, so they move around a bit. Both of their families live very far away from where they are currently stationed, so having a family shower wasnt practical, at least not one at their own residence.
What they decided to do was travel to each set of parents house, where each family had organized a ғFamily Shower for them. They also had a shower at their home for their friends.
They ended up having to pay a little to have the larger things shipped home, but in the end, they really enjoyed itԅ
Was it worth it?
I dunno, 2 round trip tickets from California to Oklahoma, then two round trip tickets from Oklahoma to Virginiaplus all the shippingŅthey could have probably purchased all the items themselves, and saved some moneybut they really enjoyed getting to share the event with their families.
Another option, if your family is closer together, is flying out to the furthest, renting a Uhaul, and driving to the closer oneŅand then driving home.
Where are you located and where are your families locatedmaybe we can map out something that will work!
Advertisements
My husband's brother and his wife were expecting their first child together (not an adoption, but the idea still works) and they lived several states away from the rest of the family. We had all traveled to their home for their wedding within a year before the baby was born so we couldn't fly down for a shower.
I had taken an Amish culture class in college and learned about their tradition of "showering" friends and relatives who lived far away by sending gifts and well wishes through the mail - the Amish use this tradition for weddings, births, sicknesses, etc. We decided to use the same idea for my sister-in-law. We sent her a handmade note that she was having a shower through the mail, and then we all sent our gifts on the same day, and they arrived on her doorstep within a day or two of each other. Her husband took pictures on a digital camera of her opening her gifts so we could all see her reaction, and we were saved the expense of travel (we all wanted to travel after the baby was born so we could meet him).
sarajean
My husband's brother and his wife were expecting their first child together (not an adoption, but the idea still works) and they lived several states away from the rest of the family. We had all traveled to their home for their wedding within a year before the baby was born so we couldn't fly down for a shower.
I had taken an Amish culture class in college and learned about their tradition of "showering" friends and relatives who lived far away by sending gifts and well wishes through the mail - the Amish use this tradition for weddings, births, sicknesses, etc. We decided to use the same idea for my sister-in-law. We sent her a handmade note that she was having a shower through the mail, and then we all sent our gifts on the same day, and they arrived on her doorstep within a day or two of each other. Her husband took pictures on a digital camera of her opening her gifts so we could all see her reaction, and we were saved the expense of travel (we all wanted to travel after the baby was born so we could meet him).
Love this idea!!!!!!!:)