Advertisements
Advertisements
dakotastitleic
Beth - that's a good question - I've often wondered it myself. I had a choice, my parents would not have left me out in the cold. I could've parented, but felt strongly that it was not in the child's best interest at all.
There are some that did not have a choice, and hopefully that doesn't happen as much as it used to. I believe a lot of girls are placed in a situation where they feel they have no other option.
In either event, is the pain any different? IMO, I don't think so.
Was triggered and I think that is what I was getting at. Chosen freely or not, it's not as simple as simply making a choice. To many it seems like it's so simple, a right choice is made, it's all good, live with it and love it. Kind of like a you made your own bed sort of thing.
Maybe I've just been reading too many blogs lately where people are desperately praying that some mother, any mother, anywhere in the world, gets in the position to have to make this kind of choice.
Advertisements
I would never think the choice was easy. I can imagine it would be one of the hardest things to do. I would never wish any mother would have to make that kind of a choice.
A person choosing between the gallows and the firing squad is choosing neither.
Specially when they are innocent.
sylvieboots
A person choosing between the gallows and the firing squad is choosing neither.
Specially when they are innocent.
Darn it, we need a LIKE button. That was brilliant. Warning, I am going to steal it.