Advertisements
Advertisements
I have given soooo much of myself to my girls. I have loved and cried and nurtured and given most of my time to meeting their needs in the best way I could. Being a mom was what I loved most. I cried inside so many days because I saw her soooo needy and so empty even with all I have given. Now that she is living with her birthmom she is finding she is still empty. Her fantasy is crushed. I am now getting a bigger picture but it DOES hurt to be abandoned.
I too am working on an understanding for all members of the triad. Now that I have nothing to fear because my worst fear happened, I am able to see things differently. I am able to accept things I never thought I could accept. Because I like her birthmom so much I am hoping to come together with her to help my daughter heal. I never thought things would be this way. But they are...............! I am lonely for my daughter but I can't make her want me. I am not even sure if she is capable at this point. Yet she doesn't want me to walk away. She wants to keep me at a distance to use when she needs me. That hurts.
Life is good for me otherwise. Many things to be thankful for. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to be a mom!!