Advertisements
Advertisements
I just want to let everyone know that Oklahomans for Open
Records and Adoption Honesty, Inc., is working to open
original birth certificates and court documents in Oklahoma.
It is past time that adult adopted people be treated equally
with non-adopted people and regain their right to get their
birth certificates just as non adopted people are able to do.
This is a lost civil/human right that was taken away from us
at the time of our adoption.
None of us should have to petition the court for records that
other people take for granted. That is called discrimination.
If anyone is interested in joining us in this endeavor, please
let me know.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
1964 "Baby Girl Trotter" Oklahoma adoptee living in Huntington Beach, CA. Let me know how I can be of help or support long distance.
Advertisements
I have been trying to figure out a way to have my sealed birth and adoption records opened. A lady at vital statistics in okc was just rude and told me I had to go back to the county I was adopted. I don't know that............so how do I figure it out?
I WAS BORN IN OKC,LIVED A YEAR WITH REAL PARENTS AND ADOPTED IN THROUGH DHS IN PAWHUSKA OKLAHOMA. AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING SINCE I WAS 15 AND NOW I AM 37. YOU COUNT ME IN AND LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO FROM MY END!! THANK YOU!
girlOK68
We got a sponsor for our bill, but he rewrote it to allow
all adopted adults OVER 50 years old to be allowed their
original birth certificate. It was so ludicrous that we
fought our own bill!
We tried to educate the legislators that all adopted adults should be treated as all other citizens, and allowed to have their own birth information, without any
conditions. Most of the legislators disagreed with us,
feeling that birthmothers needed their privacy. We showed that birthmothers could not have been promised
privacy, because there was nothing in the law that promised it, but they already had their minds made up.
Our bill was defeated in committee, which was good because we demand to be treated as all other citizens-
equally under the law, we don't want any conditions
placed on us.
Pat
Advertisements
You should go back to the county in which you were
adopted and ask a probate or family court judge to
open your records. Then, if he/she does give you a court
order to open your records, you immediately take it
to Vital Records and get your obc. Don't be surprised
if the judge doesn't open records though.
You can also go through the CI Program and spend $400
to have a CI open records, find the other party and see
if they want a reunion. If they don't, records are sealed
back up and you get nothing.
Pat
pmarler
We got a sponsor for our bill, but he rewrote it to allow
all adopted adults OVER 50 years old to be allowed their
original birth certificate. It was so ludicrous that we
fought our own bill!
We tried to educate the legislators that all adopted adults should be treated as all other citizens, and allowed to have their own birth information, without any
conditions. Most of the legislators disagreed with us,
feeling that birthmothers needed their privacy. We showed that birthmothers could not have been promised
privacy, because there was nothing in the law that promised it, but they already had their minds made up.
Our bill was defeated in committee, which was good because we demand to be treated as all other citizens-
equally under the law, we don't want any conditions
placed on us.
Pat
i am not new to this i had an actt. and had to make a new email,so now i'm waiting on the administrator to email me back,born in okc in 1968,can't get anything out of the okc dhs,but nothing....count me in
Hello my name is Deanna. MY half sister was adopted. Dob is 2/20/1977. Born at lawton indian hospital. Cherokee heritage. Her birth name was Sonya marie wilson.she had strawberry blonde hair my mom says. She had an older brother born In 1974.. 2yrs and 3 months apart. My mother was sick and she was adopted at three months old out of the Dallas area.I have been told that people where able to alter birth certificates of adoptees during the the 70's including birth place date or year and names. It was a closed adoption. The lawyer Jim martin told my mom that the family adopting Sonya was well off and reassured my mother that she would be well taken care of.the adoptive parents know a member of bio family on maternal side named Jim and Beverly Martin or Catonya (Tonya) pool. My mom was told that the adoptive mother was a previous pagent contestant or possibly a winner. The adoptive parents possibly already had two biological boys at the time of the adoption took place. Could this be you?thank you Deanna
I am a birthmother in search of an adopted daughter, taken by DHS in Tulsa, Ok and i have been searching for her for over 6 years when she turned 18 yrs old, everything i have tried ends at a dead end,Her name is Tamara Juanita Kelley at birth and is now 24 years old, she was born at St. Francis hospital in Tulsa on Jan,5 1991. Being a DHS case hers is also sealed so neither of us can get the info to find one another, so i totally agree with getting this done, so if she is looking for me we can hook up. I miss her terribly and i need to give her medical past history so she can be safe growing old. My email is meanmomma1168@yahoo.com and your welcome to add me to any list you need to and email me any time.
Advertisements
Was just reunited with my birth son who was born in Oklahoma. I am a member of the Cherokee Nation and to get him on the rolls, of course, we need an original birth certificate with my name on it. It takes a court order to get one of those now. It would be great to be able to go into vital records and order one like it should be. Let me know if we can do anything to help. He lives in OK City, OK. I am in Kansas City but will help any way we can. Thanks for your hard work. Lisa and Reggie.
meanmomma
I am a birthmother in search of an adopted daughter, taken by DHS in Tulsa, Ok and i have been searching for her for over 6 years when she turned 18 yrs old, everything i have tried ends at a dead end,Her name is Tamara Juanita Kelley at birth and is now 24 years old, she was born at St. Francis hospital in Tulsa on Jan,5 1991. Being a DHS case hers is also sealed so neither of us can get the info to find one another, so i totally agree with getting this done, so if she is looking for me we can hook up. I miss her terribly and i need to give her medical past history so she can be safe growing old. My email is meanmomma1168@yahoo.com and your welcome to add me to any list you need to and email me any time.
----------------------
Hey this is Kelley I sent you an email I hope you are okay, please feel free to email me back at kelleystephens20x1@gmail.com or kelleystephens20@yahoo.com I have a facebook although I rarely use it but please I dont know if I am the person you are looking for but I would still like to know that you are okay or not okay I will be in oklahoma this coming weekend and I know its fast but you sound like you might not have a lot of time so please at least email phone is 9182700184 im up all hours so it really honestly doesnt matter what time day or night k? xoxo -K