Advertisements
Advertisements
Yeah, I pretty much think Janet is David's wife, as well. I would assume that since she is helping David in his quest to locate Kelley, she is open to the whole situation -- but there is a possibility that she didn't know that Kelley had a child in 1975! There is also a possibility that DAVID didn't know. If he isn't your birthfather and they didn't meet until after your relinquishment, she may have never shared the situation with him. Finding out might just shed some light on her behavior....making some sense to him with regard to her emotional state. He obviously wants to make contact with her -- presumably to help him find some closure. Again, tho, this is pure conjecture.....we won't know until you make contact with him.
It's hard to know what approach to take, since we don't know whether Janet received your message.....and if she
did , we don't know that she shared it with him. I DO think he SHOULD know that you mailed Janet, just in case she DIDN'T share it with him. It might open the lines of communication.
I think the best approach is to sort of use the formula above, and add a little to it........maybe something along the lines of:
Dear David,
My name is _________, and over the years, I've been conducting genealogical research in an attempt to put together some missing pieces of my history. Recently, I read a posting at Ancestry.com that has promted me to contact you.
The posting that I refer to is in regard your search for Kelley Anne Polhemus. I would very much like the opportunity to further discuss our mutual quest for whom I believe to be the same person.
I noticed a more recent posting at Genealogy.com by Janet Cochran -- also seeking Kelley on your behalf. I have e-mailed Janet, in my attempt to reach you regarding this very important manner, as well, and it is my hope that together, we can share information with one another and work toward the common goal it seems all have.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience by e-mail, at this address, or if you prefer, by phone at ___________, or regular mail at _____________________________.
I appreciate your time and look forward to a mutual sharing of information.
Regards,
This way, David is aware that you've attempted contact with Janet......he knows how you located them both......and he knows what your motives are --- to locate information on Kelley. If Janet has mentioned your e-mail to him, he will already know that you are Kelley's daughter. If she hasn't mentioned it to him, he will likely ask her if she's received it, and it might come out, then. One way or another, you will all be on the same page.
Let me know your thoughts.......I can come up with other approaches if you are not comfortable with this one!
Hugs,
Sally
Advertisements
No that was perfect! I have already sent the letter and now the waiting game begins anew. If this email attempt fails we shall try snail mail. Maybe that way I will get some results. Have I mentioned how much I have appreciated your help?? Cause if I haven't I want you to know that it is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
((((((((Sally)))))))))
:D
I have some new information... due to recent events (mentioned in the MUST READ thread...) I went digging through some of my adoptive mother's things and found that the day I was brought home (adoptive home) from the hospital was November 23rd 1975 and the adoption was finalized March 15th 1976. I was dedicated in Highland First Church of the Nazarene on December 21st, 1976. If any of this helps anyone, please let me know.
Thanks.
Luna,
I dont know if we have any connection. I am an adoptee from Hammond too. My birthday is March 17 1982. I dont know much about my adoption but I was searching the forum and realized that we could be related! Let me know what you think! If no for any other reason, perhaps we could help each other...
I need some more information from you. Do you know who your Birthmom is? Do you know what hospital you were born in? Was you adoption handled through an attorney or an agency? If there is a connection there we can find it, and if not well, then we will walk away having possibly made a new friend, or at the very least maybe we have brough each other some knowledge that will aide us in our continueing search. Either contact me here or email me. I have switched my shift at work to fall in line with a promotion and I am trying my hardest to find time to get online often, but it is not nearly often enough, so if you happen to send me an email or post here and it takes a while for me to reply I am going to let you know I am sorry for any delays in replies but I am getting to them as often as I can.
I can't wait to hear back from you!
Advertisements
Its been a long time since I have gotten the change to post back on this forum. Lots has happened. I am now truly alone. The last member of my adopted family died last year, wool that I was close to anyway. I haven't had internet in that time frame and even now I only have it through my phone. I hope to have a regular convection as of this Christmas.
Never ever did get any replies from those old emails. Shirleyville if you are still on here, I appreciate all you did for me. I just wish the dead ends would end!
I have a new email address and if you will pm me, I will tell you some of the easiest ways to get in touch with me.
Shirley, any idea what tribe?
Its been a long time since I have gotten the change to post back on this forum. Lots has happened. I am now truly alone. The last member of my adopted family died last year, wool that I was close to anyway. I haven't had internet in that time frame and even now I only have it through my phone. I hope to have a regular convection as of this Christmas.
Never ever did get any replies from those old emails. Shirleyville if you are still on here, I appreciate all you did for me. I just wish the dead ends would end!
I have a new email address and if you will pm me, I will tell you some of the easiest ways to get in touch with me.
Shirley, any idea what tribe?
LunaSea...this is Janet Cochran. I believe you were looking for me & my husband David?
My name is Janet Cochran and you can reach me at jcochran91462@yahoo.com - my husband is David Cochran and I am thinking he would not be Lunasea's father since he did not graduate high school until 1977, they had not been dating long when they got married and the place he lived was not IN. I honestly don't know anything about Kelley/Kelly I was just hoping to find her so that he could put that chapter of his life to rest unfortunately he passed in 2016 but I have come across pictures of him and Kelley/Kelly if you want to see them and maybe give you some answers. I have come up empty handed over the years searching for her and it seems like she just dropped off the face of the earth. I will be happy to help in anyway I can but I don't know what info I can provide.
I am pretty excited, myself! :D
I will be able to spend some time tonight helping you.....it's Saturday and I just got home from being out of town, but my husband usually goes to bed early on Saturday nights, so I will have free time!
I am pretty conviced that this is the right Kelley Anne Polhemus....I mean really -- how many Kelley Anne Polhemus's can there be , ya know??? :D It all fits....all the little pieces fit.......
I will e-mail you with the address you provided in the PM later tonight, and we'll put our heads together. You mentioned that you think Janet's e-mail might still be valid........I know you already mailed her, but I would like very much to help you with a follow up e-mail -- I am pretty good with words.......
I will mail you tonight! I have to head out to help my husband for awhile since I've been gone!
Excited Hugs,
Sally
LunaSea and Shirleyville, please reach out to me at jcochran91462@yahoo.com if you are still checking this site. Please reply on this site so that I know you have responded and can check junk mail.
Advertisements