Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for help from any British families who have completed or are close to completing international adoptions.
I'm a Criminology and Social Policy student at Bangor university and this year I'm doing a dissertation on international adoption. It will compare the process and support networks within Britain and America in an attempt to explain why the international adoption rate in America is so much higher than in Britain. The universitys plan is to submit it to the relevant authorities on its completion in the hope that it can have some positive affect on the way things are run in Britain.
As part of the dissertation I hope to interview via post or email a number of families in Britain and in America. I have no problem with the American families, as I know over 80 (they adopted the children from the orphanage in India where I volunteered), but so far I know of very few British families. If anyone would be willing to help me then it would be much appreciated, please either post here, or PM me and I will get in contact with you.
Also through my research I am learning a lot about international adoption, so may be able to be of help to others if anyone is looking for any info. On top of that having volunteered in an orphanage in India for 6 months in my gap year I'm very familiar with every stage of the process to adopt internationally from India, so if anyone has any questions regarding that then feel free to PM me or post here.
Sorry it's so long, anyones help would really be appreciated though.
Thanks, Chloe.
Chloe, not sure what a PM is or how to do it - I am British living and working in Asia and would love to be in touch with other British families who have internationally adopted a child. I am searching for information and it is so difficult and seems an impossible - if there are any families who you know in my position I would like to have contact with them if possible.
One issue (of many) I am facing is the lack of a legislative definition of habitual resident!
Good luck with your studies
Advertisements
Hello Jaffa
You and I need to be in contact. I am a British national living in Spain and have just realised I have the same issue as you regarding residency. I'm going to PM you.
If you haven't worked it out yet, once I've PM'ed you, you should automatically get an email saying that you have a private message and when you click on the Link you will be taken to that message. If that doesn't happen, look towards the top of your screen where is says "welcome, jaffa" and just below you will see the words Private Messages: 1. Click on the Link and your in. :):)