Advertisements
Advertisements
Can you tell me if there was a Florence Crittenton Home in Roanoke Virginia..
-----------------------------
[url=http://watchhotmoviesonline.com/]Watch W.E. Online Free[/url]
Advertisements
If you go to [url=http://www.florencecrittentonHome.com]Florence Crittenton Home Reunion Registry[/url] you will find a link on the left side for FCH State Info, click there and you will find all the homes for Virginia as well as the other states.
Hi, everyone. I was adopted via DePelchin (Houston, TX) in 1961. I have been searching for my original mother and have hit a dead end at every turn. DePelchin has lost my records, so there will be no non-ID info for me. My question: Would my mother have lived at a Florence Crittenton Home before she gave birth in August 1961? I have had conflicting answers to this question. Also, are there any mothers in this thread who might have known my original mother? I was born August 7, 1961.
dmcsearch
When was she in FCH and which one?
I found my mother on April 4. Things are going very well. :-)
Advertisements
Hello,
I am searching for my half brother, who was born in the late 1940s to my late mother, Janet Lee Orr when she was 16. She lived in the Florence Crittenton home in Jackson, MI, and the baby boy was adopted by a physician who lived in Ohio. Any information you can give me as to the accessibility of records, or methods of finding him would be so appreciated. He would be in his 60s now...
Linda
Linda, I was unable to find a photo for the Flo Crit in Jackson, MI but after googling it, seems it closed in 2008. The location was 1603 Lansing Avenue. Back in the day (Baby Scoop Era) it held 32 girls my books states. Wish I could share a photo. There is more information on this home in print if you'd like to email me directly at karenwb2@verizon.net I can scan and send to you via email.
I was in Crittenton home in Atlanta from July, 1967 to Sept. 1967, gave birth Aug. 29th to a son whom I have reunited with. I was trying to find any records of my being there, but it is impossible. Not on his adoption records, either. Just curious. It was all so secretive, probably would need a court order to access any files, if they even exist! Thanks. Carol H.
Hello!
I was born in the FCH in Youngstown, Ohio. I've actually met my birth family (mom's side) and am now doing some research on my genealogy/background. I'd like more information on the FCH in Youngstown if possible. I know it was shut down in the 1970s, but until then, I think it was located on McGuffey Street...? I'd love to know the title of the book mentioned in this thread! I'd like to know the history of that particular home if possible and to have a photo of it.
Thanks for any help!
Susan
Advertisements
Carol sent this to us to post:
I cannot seem to reply to the thread, not having posted since 2003. I was reunited with my on in 2004 and have had a wonderful reunion for the last ten years. I wrote the book Our Erring Sisters about my experience in 1967, and the subsequent reunion. Florence Crittendon was located on North Peachtree Road in Chamblee, Ga., and was torn down in the early '80's, as the need had diminished for this service as times changed along with mores
7/13/59 Toledo Ohio birth name Chollette Rarick. Looking for Kathy (twin) and father.
If you have an address, please send to cholletterarick@yahoo.com
My husband's birth mother was there in 67, can you tell me what it was like? Mabe a picture?
I was in FCH Youngstown from May 65 till November 65...maybe I can help???
OOPS...it appears in my excitement...I addresssed the wrong person...(I am new to this) LOL Anyway I "was" there then...and if I can shed any light for anyone I would be glad to. It appears after looking back I was replying to Candi's Girl