Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am looking for some good advice. We adopted our daughter when she was almost 3. We have three adopted children. All adopted at different times. When she first came to our home and our now 12 year old (then 6) said mommy I don't like to play with her, she tries to make everything die... Well we thought it was of things she had maybe seen on tv.... I know she had seen the program COPS.... Anyway after a few years she starting saying she was going to kill mommy and daddy.... she kept saying that . We took her to the hospital because we thought she had taken a knife from the kitchen... They told us she had RAD and we took her to therapy. We asked them if they thought she would follow through on any of the threats, they said no they did not think so... WELL 4 family pets later, Then the therapist said she could not handle her any more and sent us elsewhere. We were in contact with a psychologist and he told us to get her out of our home if we had any one in the family that could keep her we were not safe.... so we sent her to her bio. grandparents she stayed there a year and the grandfather died so we brought her back home. She has been here a while and has killed all the fish and now has tried to kill my husband and daughter. Three weeks ago she put something in my daughters drink, she stole medicine from a friends mother and put it in my husband food.. We questioned her and she said she wanted to watch their reaction when they died,,,,we had to call 911 for my husband, my daughter was lucky what she gave her would not hurt you... But she did not know that when she gave it to her... The intent was there. We went to the police and they said no harm no fowl,,,, are insurace won't pay for residential treatment so we were told to get her on mediciad... we did that now we are being told medicaid won't pay for RTC....... She is in the hoppital now and they said they will keep her as long as they can.... But we are being told it could take months or a year to get funding for RTC.... Well if she comes back here she is not fixed and will try to kill us..... She told the doctor's in the hospital that after she got rid of her sister she would have to kill her little 2 year old brother.... It is just hard to believe in this day and age there is not more help for people like this..... If anyone has any ideas of what we can do or who to contact please let me know....... It is terrible living everyday thinking if you make one slip up on watching her that it could mean someone's life!
Misty
Have you contacted The North American Council on Adoptable Children ?
[url]http://www.nacac.org[/url] They may be able to steer you in the right direction. They do all kinds of advocacy for children with special needs.
Advertisements
Nancy Thomas specializes in this and you need to contact her ASAP. the threat is real and dangerous.
Families by Design
PO Box 2812
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
970-984-2222
ncthomas@rof.net
[url]http://www.attachment.org/[/url]
I am having the same trouble with the little girl that I adopted. She is 8 years old. I adopted her two half brothers, also. She has tried to kill them and she has told them that the next time she will kill them. She has also told them recently, that she wants to kill the entire family. I have had her hospialized and there they diagnosed her with RAD and PTSD. She is currently on medication, but she is still doing harm to her brothers and threatening and plotting to kill them and telling them that she is going to kill the whole family. She is seeing a therapist an psychiatrist but she does not seem to be getting better....only hiding her threats and abusiveness better. I have asked numerous times what can I do to keep the boys safe. I continually get told I am doing all I can and that I can only do so much. But, I feel that there should be a better alternative then allowing the boys to live in constant fear. Domestic violence victims get help and are removed from the situation....is there any help for these boys? Or do I have to wait until one of them is dead?.......HELP US PLEASE!!!!!!