Advertisements
Advertisements
I WOULD BE GALD TO HELP ANYBODY NEEDING HELP IN SEARCHING THE TACOMA AREA OF WASHINGTON STATE. OR NEEDING HELP SEARCH THE RECORDS HELD AT THE LIBRARY HERE AS WELL. I AM CURRENTLY OFF WORK DO TO AN IJURY SO I HAVE LOTS OF TIME ON MY ANDS. I AM ASLO AN ADOPTEE SEARCHING AS WELL SO I KNOW WHAT U ARE GOING THRU. MY SEARCH IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT THE RECORDS COMING IN THE MAIL.
SO I AM AVALIBLE IF YOU NEED HELP...........
BRIAN
Advertisements
i am looking for my daughters bgrandma she had a son in september of 1971 at decunuss (spelled wrong) hopspital
bmothers name is debroah lusk she prob is between 50-52 now
this is not tacoma but spokane washington
if you can help please reply
thank you for the speedy reply i appreciate your help
if herer is anyhting i can help you with for your search please let me know
I am trying to find my birth parents. I was born in Tacoma at Tacoma General on 5-11-63. It was a private adoption so I have the name of the lawyer. I'm sure he's probably dead by now. I'm just really at a loss as to what I am supposed to do. Can you please help me?
Advertisements
Girl born 01/31/63 in Tacoma. Birthmothers name was Patricia Engle. Can you check Polk directories at the library for that year, and surrounding years and see if that name is there ?
Many thanks !
GTG
brianmedic
I WOULD BE GALD TO HELP ANYBODY NEEDING HELP IN SEARCHING THE TACOMA AREA OF WASHINGTON STATE. OR NEEDING HELP SEARCH THE RECORDS HELD AT THE LIBRARY HERE AS WELL. I AM CURRENTLY OFF WORK DO TO AN IJURY SO I HAVE LOTS OF TIME ON MY ANDS. I AM ASLO AN ADOPTEE SEARCHING AS WELL SO I KNOW WHAT U ARE GOING THRU. MY SEARCH IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT THE RECORDS COMING IN THE MAIL.
SO I AM AVALIBLE IF YOU NEED HELP...........
BRIAN
Hi Charles,
I need some help. I hired a CI, but she has not been in touch for months. I'm trying to be patient, but would like to get on with this. I was born 2-3-61 at Mt. View Hospital in Tacoma. I think my adoption was private and may have been done by an attorney named Hugo Metzler, now deceased. I understand that my mother was 21 and married, but not to my father. There were three other children at the time of my birth. I went from the hospital to a receiving home - family name is Jenkins. My birth certificate says Sara Lynn Simms. I've never went by that name, my name is Cheryl. Receiving home (godparents) called me "Cindy" and still do. Because of the name discrepancy, I don't know that my name may not have been Cynthia instead of Sara or Cheryl. I can be contacted through cheybaby@msn.com Thanks.
Cheryl
[font=Arial]Hi Charles, [/font]
[font=Arial]I need some help. I hired a CI, but she has not been in touch for months. I'm trying to be patient, but would like to get on with this. I was born 2-3-61 at Mt. View Hospital in Tacoma. [/font]
[font=Arial]My adopted mother made references to the name on the certificate being misspelled. Receiving home (godparents) called me "Cindy" and still do. Because of the name discrepancies - Sara on birth certificate; I go by Cheryl, always have - I don't know that my name may not have been Cynthia or Cindy instead of Sara or Cheryl. [/font]
[font=Arial]I [/font][font=Arial]have some very limited information (including possible birth name) from non-identifying info I obtained from the CI. I've looked at the library too, but think I need more info to find more. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Thanks. [/font]
[font=Arial]Cheryl[/font]
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the offer to help. I live in Oregon City and it's not easy to get up to Tacoma. I've thought about searching for my birthmother/family occasionally over the years, but now with a family and adult children, it has become important to find and medical history that might be availale. Also, I've ofter thought it would be really cool to find siblings!
Here's my info:
Gary Ross Benny
Male adoptee 07/30/1952
ISO birthmother/family
Agency: Washington Children's Home Society, Tacoma, WA.
Place of birth: White Shield Home, Tacoma, Wa.
Birth name: Ward (first name)
Birthmother info (from NI info received from agency): 19 years old, of
Swiss, German and Northern European descent, Baptist faith, attractive,
poised, 5'4", 115#, greenish-hazel eyes, light-brown hair, fair complexion,
high-school grad, worked in jewelry store until pregnancy, maternal family likely had a fishing business, two maternal uncles younger than birthmother.
Additional birthmother info: My adoptive mother says that my birthmother is from Port Angeles, WA., and worked at Weisfields jewelry store in Tacoma. I
have no idea how she knows this, but probably got the info from the social worker.
Thanks a lot for any help!
Gary Benny
Advertisements
The first step for searching in WA is getting the non-identifying information (non-ID). The adoptee must be over 18 to get the non-ID.
In WA, if you're an adoptee or adoptive parent, you usually get first name of b-mom (and b-dad if named) and her age when she relinquished, along with other various info (description, possible siblings, education, occupation, etc)
If you're a b-parent, you can usually get first names of the adoptee and adoptive parents, ages of a-parents, # of other children, occupations, etc.
Unfortunately in WA, b-siblings are not allowed to receive non-ID.
Where do you get your non-ID? You can get it from the places listed below. Be SURE to list ALL the info you want on any form you're sent, especially first names and ages! Send for info from all places that apply to your situation. The more info, the better!
Side Note: You DON'T need to hire a Confidential Intermediary (CI) to get the non-identifying info, even if you're told that. Hiring a CI is required to get IDENTIFYING information, which will only be released to the CI - not you. Hiring a CI is always an option in WA but it's pretty pricey.
1. Get non-ID from the county where the adoption occurred. Majority of time in WA this will be the same county where the adoptive parents lived at that time the adoption was finalized. County non-ID is usually cheaper than getting it from agencies but you typically get less info.
2. If an adoption agency was involved, you can get non-ID from the agency. Usually this is more expensive than the county but you often get a lot more detailed info.
3. If DSHS was involved, send for non-ID and all related info from the DSHS office in Olympia. Might take awhile to get it but rumor has it you'll get LOTS of info.
Once you get your non-ID, then you just play connect-the-dots with the bits of info you get! It CAN be done! :)
Good luck!
-Pennu
i'm trying to help my mom search for her b-mom. she was born in tacoma sep 22 1961. her brother (who was adopted with her) was born sep 11 1962. she has quite a few older brothers. as of what she was told her b-mom's last name was perry(might be spelled differently). If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. they are both full blooded native american. they were told that their tribe was upper skagit.
thanks a bunch
hi, my name is michelle i am helping my husband to locate
his birth mother, he was born at sacred heart in spokane, on 7/2/67, does your library have those records or do they by chancehave news papers of the spokesman review , to see if his birth was listed or in the leagals there may be an add for the birth father to sign the papers.
i would appreciate very much your help.
thank you,
michelle
mrottinghaus@msn.com
I am interested in releasing my records of adoption in Tacoma. I was legally adopted at age 8, however, I was with my adopted family since I was 2 years of age. My birth mother Francine Campbell, Father Labelle Campbell, Grandmother Naomi Cooper. My Adopted Mother, Helen W. Thomas, Father, Jim H. Thomas. I do not know where to go or what organization. I want to know the truth about why I was taken from my birth mom and put up in adoption without going to my natural family. Unfortunately, noone on both sides is revealing the truth. So, how do I open my records, when they are sealed?
Sincerely,
Teresa Lavonne Bayly (formerly Teresa L. Thomas, 10.29.1970)
Advertisements
I am interested in getting more information how to get information on adoptions back in 1965. I was adopted in Tacoma, WA and the file is closed. I don't have any info on birthparents names, ages, medical history or nationality. It must have been a private adoption since I found out there was an attorney involved. Unfortunately I don't have a name. I know the doctor's name that delivered me, yet he didn't keep any records. How can I get the birth certificate opened, and how do I proceed from there? Any help is much appreciated!
Holly
Hey there. I also have a lot of time on my hands due to injury so have been day and night ISO my best friends birth family. Am in contact with ** as well as half siblings BF family...havent found BF yet but still searching. MAINLY ISO silbings!!
I have gathered a LOT of links in my decade of searching...well on and off but now more time devoted. I created a website with a lot of links and MORE to add that may help PLUS adding any other info I find, like Pennu to help. I have found WA hard...at least TX is a little easier but have heard WA has relaxed some. I think sibs I am ISO are mainly from Seattle or Lynnwood area...however BP moved around a LOT so unsure... Anyhow if you need links or if you would like to send me more to add to my site you can email me at BabyGirlDobbs@aol.com I plan on this weekend working on it some more but now in process of reading posts to see if any might be half or full sibs... thanks! [url="http://hometown.aol.com/babygirldobbs/index.html"]http://hometown.aol.com/babygirldobbs/index.html[/url]