Advertisements
Advertisements
kforkids'
Do you have an attorney? If so is he/she pretty experienced in adoptions through the state? Ours told us he would ask for the soonest possible courtdate on day 31 after filing. The bp's ended up filing to contest on day 29 or 30, but in the end consented.
I would figure out how long they have to respond in your state and mark that day down so you can get things moving quickly if the deadline passes. Our cw told us that lots of times bp's wait until after the 30 days for whatever reason and the court will go ahead and accept it. At first I thought it was kind of bad that you could go ahead with the adoption even though the bp's might want to contest, but our attorney assured me that they are served in person a letter that explains in simple terms what to do and by what date. The worker also said that she believes some bp's wait until after the deadline and say they didn't understand or couldn't get ahold of anyone or whatever other reason because then it can be blamed on the state.
I'll just add you to my growing list of people to pray for getting consent on.....there is so much more peace for everyone involved that way.