Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My son is in the -30% for weight and height, due to a genetic disorder. We fight for every ounce, and I've learned a few tricks to add extra calories to his meals. The first is that carnation instant breakfast mixed with whole milk does have more calories, nutrients, and is cheaper than pediasure (you can buy it in the store brand and save even more $$ too). And yes it does taste better. We use both pediasure and CIB for a little variety. Also, I mix 1T of canola oil in with yogurt, baby food, pudding, etc, and then thicken it back up with baby rice cereal. It adds 120-150 calories, and has no taste. I only do this 2 times a day. There are other additives you can add to the food to add calories, but you'll really need to talk to the dr about that, with him being so young.
I've noticed that if kids are underweight due to poor nutrition they gain fast when they start eating right. I hope that's the case with your little guy.
One more thing, you can get manufacturers coupons for pediasure, but you have to call every month and ask for them. I'm not sure if it's ok to post the toll free number here or not? If you pm me I'll give it to you though (it's not the one on the can).
Best of luck!
MommaD