Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thanks everyone,
T did very well this morning with the pediasure vanilla flavor. It looks like we'll be spending a fortune on it. But if it helps I'm all for it. I read on the pediasure site that WIC covers it. So I'll be calling WIC on monday to see if he's elllidgable for pediasure and what I need to do. I'm guesing since he's the weight of the average 7 month old he'll qualify since he's 17 months old.
His burns are 10 weeks old, so they're almost past the point where there's a risk of infection. We just have to keep them moisturized and keep him in a pressure garmet 23 hours a day. He loved his bath last night, DH helped with that one which was so much appreciated.
I think his weight may have just been a failure for the bioparents to feed him properly.
T has a little brother who is 1 1/2 months old. They wanted to place them together orginally, but after 3 days of moving them every night decided they would separate them. We just didn't feel we could handle a 1 1/2 month old period. Our age range is 6 months to 3 yrs. But we're willing to take T's little brother once he's 5 1/2 months. This way he'll be almost sleeping through the night and things with T will be more under control. It looks like the 2 boys are going to be in care for quite some time.
Well, got to run to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, of course the state didn't arrange for his medical insurance properly so we've had a delay on prescriptions (don't even know what medications they are.)
-LeenaB