Advertisements
Advertisements
We are waiting to adopt a baby from russia. We were told that it will be from the area called: "briansk" - "bryansk" .
Does anyone know this area? Does anyone adopt his child from there, and can tell me his experience.
I have read in the internet that this area was contaminated in the Chernobyl blast with radioactive radiation, what are the chances our adopted kid will suffer from it?
Hi, I know that the agency we are working with had been working with Bryansk. Two couples were recently there and they were happy with the babies they were referred. Young and healthy baby boys. However I also read that the judge does not waive the 10-day waiting period and the wait is actually pretty long (I think these couples were in Russia more than 20 days the second trip). Maybe things have changed. Check this issue with your agency. Good luck!
Advertisements
Hi,
We are currently waiting for our court date in Bryansk. We travelled in April. Has your agency given you any idea as to how long your wait will be. What Baby Home are you adopting from.. We are adopting a sibling group from the Klintsy Baby Home.
Thanks,
Laura :)
We adopted an older child from Bryansk. We hosted and subsequently adopted. We did not have our 10 days waived (were told it is a rarity) and spent a total of 3 weeks in Russia (including our 3 day stay in Moscow). We waited 9 months to travel to pick our daughter up.
It is a very "old Russia" (formerly a closed military manufacturing region) located an overnight train ride from Moscow. It was heavily affected by Chernobyl. Due to the nature of the accident and the fact that we were adopting an older child, I was concerned. There may be residual contamination in the soils that may or may not have a health impact on the residents of this region. I did extensive research on the possible health issues and one that came up quite a bit was thyroid issues. Again, my concern stemmed from the fact that our child was older and may have experienced more of the residual contamination due to her being born closer to the year that it actually occurred.
I'm happy to report that as of today, she has a clean bill of health. She's grown 6 inches in the last year and is adjusting to her new family and life with amazing ease. I would definitely return to Bryansk if we were to adopt from Russia again.
Best of luck to you.
Hello. I adopted my wonderful son in August at age 12 months from the baby home in Klintsy, Bryansk Oblast. (Either spelling-Briansk or Bryansk-is acceptable.) He is the greatest little guy in the world. The baby home in Klintsy is known for "healthy babies." It is an extremely poor area that still votes "Communist." The baby home is very old but clean. The staff friendly once they recognize that you are sincerely happy with your baby. Svetlana Spivak, M.D., is in charge. She is stern and very straight forward but reasonable.
You will most likely stay at the Hotel Chernigov in the city of Bryansk, which is a 2 hour drive from Bryansk, which is a 6 hour train ride from Moscow. The hotel has been recently renovated (yippee) but is still old.
The judge, who does not like to do the international adoption cases, rarely!! waives the 10 day waiting period. I was in Russia for 2 1/2 weeks the 2nd trip. The judge is reasonable as is the attorney for the State. The adoption hearing usually lasts 1 hour. It is not stressful at all.
If you would like more information, let me know. Good luck!
Please Read!! Hello!! My american name is kristina ellery haug and my russian name is antipova kristina valentinovna.me and my 2 brothers Ilya and Kostya were adopted july 7th 2005. i was born in klindzi bryanskaya oblast.i just recently found a lot of my family members. unfortunately my mother and father and grandmother all passed away. i have 3 yonger sisters. Lena sould be around 20 alina around 18 and masha around 16. me and my 2 brothers were placed in an orphanage located in bryansk and sisnce our 3 sisters were much younger than us they were placed in a different orphanage. i asked my family members if they knew what happened to them or if they knew the name of the orphanage they were in and no one had any information except my aunt did say that she thought that my sisters were in an orphanage in klinzi called malutki but they have been closed for some years now... when i was getting adopted our main coordinator in our orphanage did say that my sisters were also adopted to america but now i dont know if she was telling us the truth... we live in minnesota usa. please help me with the search for my sisters.... our russian mothers name is antipova galina nicolaevna (rossolova) and father antipov valentin valentinovich and our granmother was antipova vera valentinovna...
Advertisements