Advertisements
Advertisements
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
I searched at the library today. This location must be a two family flat, in 1960 there are two families listed:
Oscar Bazzell
Robert Prince
In 1961 - 1963
William Lacy
Harold Ford
If you do not live in the St. Louis area and would like me to do some additional research send me your BM's name as listed on the BC and what her age was in 1961. You might like to send that in a private message.
Advertisements
I did not check years after 1963 so I do not know how long Wm Lacy and Harold Ford lived there but I do know they are not there in 1979 as I checked that year.
Thank you for the information...BM name is Pauline Martinez she was 25 when I was born. Baby girl hodge was my name on BC. Father was legally omitted.
please help me any way you can im searching for a sister born there 1964/1965/1966 name given was linda gail to my mother that has since passed she is a white female in her late 40s mothers name is donna hedrick
Advertisements
please help im searching for my sister born in saint louis at booth salvation army around chippewa st. in 1964/1965/1966 name give linda gail mother was donne hedrick she has passed away now
Sorry I have not checked this site for awhile.
Babies born at Booth Hospitals are referred to as "Booth Babies" you can contact District or Regional office for the Salvation Army they have a search site.
I will research that and post more if I find anything.
I believe I was born in St. Louis, October 1, 1942. Birth name probably Iva Lou Bennett. Adopted through the Illinois Childrens Home and Aid Society. Any help in finding my birth parents would be appreciated.
I believe I was born in St. Louis, October 1, 1942. Birth name probably Iva Lou Bennett. Adopted through the Illinois Childrens Home and Aid Society. Any help in finding my birth parents would be appreciated.
Karan,
I don't know if you'd need to apply for your original birth certificate from Illinois or Missouri - probably Missouri but it's worth trying both. Both states have changed their laws and the adoptee's can request the information, you'll get your original birth certificate with your mother, perhaps father's names.
Illinois =
Missouri you'll have to wait until January 2018 to apply:
You could also consider doing the DNA test - probably the best person to help you based on the year would be Pricilla Sharp, her facebook page is on the page her website is also listed. Send her a message to either and she'll be able to tell you if she can help.
The final option is to contact the Illinois Childrens Home and Aid Society. Based on the era and the law changes I'd guess they'd help you now.
Good luck.
Advertisements
Thank you. I didn't realize I could apply after January 1. I knew I needed to apply in Missouri, as you guessed. Have it on my calendar for January 1.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Looking to research villa Maria in St Louis. My mother was 34 years old in 1960 When she had me. She was an artist and painted a picture for the nuns there. I was born 11/14/1960 and my name was Francis Ann. Any help?
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
I am searching for birth parents. My mother went.to villa Maria in August of 1960. She was 34 years old and was from Texas. I was born 11/14/1960. My mom was and artist and gave the nun/nuns a picture she made for them. She was diabetic. She had a ten year old son that stayed with her parents in Texas at the time. Can anyone help Me? Patty
[/quote]
Advertisements
I am searching for birth parents. My mother went.to villa Maria in August of 1960. She was 34 years old and was from Texas. I was born 11/14/1960. My mom was and artist and gave the nun/nuns a picture she made for them. She was diabetic. She had a ten year old son that stayed with her parents in Texas at the time. Can anyone help Me? Patty
[/quote]
Patty,
You can apply for your original birth certificate from Missouri now, they will start sending them out Jan 2, 2018.
"Adoptees born in and after 1941 can request a copy of their original birth certificate beginning January 1, 2018. On October 1, 2017, the Bureau of Vital Records (BVR) will begin accepting applications for adoptees wanting a copy of their original birth certificate. The certificates will not be provided until January 2, 2018, but early submittal will allow BVR to research the request in advance. To make a request, an adoptee shall complete the Application for Non-Certified Copy of an Original Birth Certificate form and pay a non-refundable $15 fee.