I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
Dave Losses a St. Louis historian and genealogist wrote a very informative article about St. Louis Maternity Homes. I have spoken with him in the past about this home and he believes that if there are records they would be with:
Catholic Services for Children and Youth
20 Archbishop May Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63119
314-792-7400
rking@ccstl.org
hi my name is barb and I had a son at bethseda dilworth hospital and stay at the home.do you have any other info about the hospital ? I know it's changed to st.louis university. Thanks God bless
Please see my website:
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/babygirlmanzel/Intropage.html]The Adoption and Search of a "Booth Baby"[/url]
and click the link to the adoption registry on the front page. We are in the process of merging 2 Booth Registies into one. So make sure to post on both registeries until we merge all the data.
Thanks and good luck searching!
Laurie
Owner of Booth Baby Adoption Registry and Co-moderator of Booth Baby Adoption Registry at yahoo groups.
misspiwackit
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
Hi how are you ? You helped me before.I have my sons birth certificate and papers from the st.louis courts stating that I gave consent for adoption.How do I get non-indentifing information? He's birth date is 11/3/1969. micheal joseph porter born 1:18 pm at Bethesda dilworth hosipital.
Hello,
The information I have is that my father was born in Bethesda Hospital in 1913. He was sick there for a couple of years and then adopted by John HC Fritz and his wife Emelie. They must have changed my father's name to Henry Fritz, but I do not know his birth name or how to find it. Any help wold be appreciated!
Lois
Hi Dolores, on my OBC my Birth Mom address was listed 2419 Blair Ave, St. Louis 63106 was this one of the maternity homes you have found? Thanks Lynn
This is a single family home not a maternity home. If you give me the year of birth I can search the city directories to find out who lived there.
The year was 1961. OBC says she lived there six months. I was born 12/04/1961 at St. Marys hospital. I appreciate you checking for me!! Thanks
I searched at the library today. This location must be a two family flat, in 1960 there are two families listed:
Oscar Bazzell
Robert Prince
In 1961 - 1963
William Lacy
Harold Ford
If you do not live in the St. Louis area and would like me to do some additional research send me your Birth Mom's name as listed on the BC and what her age was in 1961. You might like to send that in a private message.
I did not check years after 1963 so I do not know how long Wm Lacy and Harold Ford lived there but I do know they are not there in 1979 as I checked that year.
Thank you for the information...Birth Mom name is Pauline Martinez she was 25 when I was born. Baby girl hodge was my name on BC. Father was legally omitted.
please help me any way you can im searching for a sister born there 1964/1965/1966 name given was linda gail to my mother that has since passed she is a white female in her late 40s mothers name is donna hedrick
please help im searching for my sister born in saint louis at booth salvation army around chippewa st. in 1964/1965/1966 name give linda gail mother was donne hedrick she has passed away now
Sorry I have not checked this site for awhile.
Babies born at Booth Hospitals are referred to as "Booth Babies" you can contact District or Regional office for the Salvation Army they have a search site.
I will research that and post more if I find anything.