Advertisements
Advertisements
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
Advertisements
Can you give me any info you have on Booth Memorial?
No one seems to know anything about it.
Thanks
Brooks
Brooks - Booth Memorial Maternity Home was located at 3740 Marine, St. Louis 63114. It was part of the Salvation Army. They had their own medical facilities. Babies were delievered there unless there were complications then they would deliver at Barnes. (Barnes does not keep records past 30 years) The home closed by the mid 1980's. Babies born at Booth Homes are known as "Booth Babies". Records are maintained by the Salvation Army you will need to check their website for location for Missouri records.
I live in the St. Louis area if I be of any further assistance.
My birth cert. does not have ahospital on it, but my adoption decree says Booth Memorial Hospital. The dr. on the birth cert. has an address of Barnes hosp.
I was born in 1960 so there won't be anything at Barnes.
I have my name at birth from the adoption decree. Does that help if I go to the Salvation Army?
Brooks
Brooks - more then likely you were born at the home. The doctors were residents from Barnes Hospital. There is a Booth registry which also gives you the office to contact for the St. Louis records, it will be your best bet for searching. Also have you registered with the State of Missouri Adoption Reunion Registry?
[url]www.members.aol.com/babygirlmanzel/boothregistry.html[/url]
Good luck and keep me posted.
Dolores
Advertisements
The info on that web page is wonderful!
I will be contacting the Central Salvation Army Headquarters tomorrow! Hopefully They can help me.
Thank you so very much!
Brooks
Dolores-
I have tried to contact Astrid from the website you gave me but I am getting no response from e-mails or messages left. When I call, there is an immediate beep and no message. (Almost like a fax). Do you know how to reach the woman who started the Booth Babies web site, or how to reach Astrid Steinsland?
Thanks again for you help!
Brooks
Dear Miss P.
I am very new at this. I am trying to locate information about my father who was adopted as a baby. He was born 9-15-1924. His adoptive parents (and relatives) have been dead for years so I have no one to ask. Dad was not told that he was adopted until he was an adult and needed the birth certificate when he and my Mom married. (how very traumatic for Dad!) Dad now has Alzheimer's.... I was told that his adoptive mother went to a place called "St Anne's" to adopt him. Would you know if this was an orphans home or maternity home?
Thank you SO much for any information you can help with!!
Patti
Patti - actually St. Ann's was both a home and orphanage. It is now closed and according to an article about the home there are no records. I have emailed the author for help - I will keep you informed.
Advertisements
Patti - just received an email from Dave if there are any records left they would be found at Catholic Services for Children and Youth, 20 Archbishop May Dr., St. Louis, MO 63119 phone 314-792-7400 FAX 314 792 7348 email: rking@ccstl.org
Good luck and if you need any thing further search here in St. Louis just send me a private message.
misspiwackit -- Dolores
Can someone help me? Is Bethseda Hospital now ST University Hospital? B/M stayed with elderly couple within walking distant of hospital. She checked in on July 31, 1963 discharged on like Aug 2 then readmitted AUg 3 and baby girl KIMBERLEY born August 4th. Mom was discharged on the 13th. Birth parents from the St Louis area. Child was placed with Childrens Home Society ST Louis on that date.
Bethesda Hospital is now closed it sat behind Firmin Desloge Hospital which is now St. Louis University Hospital.
Thank You! Maybe you can anwser another question, the birth mother was to attend a "business machine" school on Sept. 1 1963 in which was within walking distance of her home. Any Suggestions as to what area this may have been?
Advertisements
I was born at St. Ann's Maternity home. I believe it closed shortly after I was adopted in 1955. Where would those records be?
------------------------------------------------------- from an earlier post regarding this home and their records-------------------------
Patti - just received an email from Dave if there are any records left they would be found at Catholic Services for Children and Youth, 20 Archbishop May Dr., St. Louis, MO 63119 phone 314-792-7400 FAX 314 792 7348 email: rking@ccstl.org
Good luck and if you need any thing further search here in St. Louis just send me a private message.
misspiwackit -- Dolores