Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
misspiwackit
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
Were any of these maternity homes still in existence in 1963 and would they have records from that time?
All of the homes were operating in 1963 also there was St. Ann's. It depends are which home the birthmother was at as to where (if at all) the records are.
Are you searching a particular home or just searching all of them?
Dolores
I'm not sure. I'm just starting out. My birth cert. has no listing of a place of birth other than St. Louis and I'm trying to figure out where to start to figure out where to find records of where I might have been born.
Where is the article about St. Ann's home? I am new to searching, and was born there in 1955. I cannot find anything about it.
Advertisements
This is my first post...
I am a birthmom that gave birth to a baby girl on February 13, 1989. I have received the birth index and found that her name was not changed just the surname. I now know her name, but have had no luck in finding her on the internet. She just turned 18 and would still be in high school
I have tried to contact Missouri Baptist Children's Home off of St. Charles Rock Road in Bridgeton, MO to update the non-identifying information. The contact person there is someone by the name of "Karen Grazeberg?". She hasn't gotten back with me, but I would like to know if anyone knows if there will be a charge for this, how long will it take and what exactly will it consist of.
Does anyone have any ideas what should be my next step in this process after updating the non-identifying info? Will there be non-identifying information for me to receive from them?
I would keep in touch with Karen as this is not high on thier list of things to do. Depending on where the archive files are kept retrieving information or gaining new info could take several days to weeks. If you are just updating contact information or additional family info I wouldn't think there would be a charge but I do not know this for sure.
If you have a name have to tried St. Louis phone directory, hoping the family stayed in the area?
I haven't tried looking them up. The last name is Kelly. As this is a very highly populated Irish catholic area, there are quite a few Kellys. Do you think that they might have put their first name in any information that they left for me? Is that something that people usually do or is that out of the ordinary?
Dolores -
I stayed at Villa Maria in 1981 and have since reunited with my bd. I'm just curious - the address 5079 Queens sticks in my mind. Is that correct for Villa Maria? What ever happened to the place? How long was it open?
Thanks
Dkaykay
Advertisements
My mom had a baby at St. Ann's in 1947. I don't know the full name of the institution, she said it was on the north side of the city, and she called it the unwed mothers' home. Hope that helps.
Dave Losses a St. Louis historian and genealogist wrote a very informative article about St. Louis Maternity Homes. I have spoken with him in the past about this home and he believes that if there are records they would be with:
Catholic Services for Children and Youth
20 Archbishop May Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63119
314-792-7400
rking@ccstl.org
hi my name is barb and I had a son at bethseda dilworth hospital and stay at the home.do you have any other info about the hospital ? I know it's changed to st.louis university. Thanks God bless
Please see my website:
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/babygirlmanzel/Intropage.html]The Adoption and Search of a "Booth Baby"[/url]
and click the link to the adoption registry on the front page. We are in the process of merging 2 Booth Registies into one. So make sure to post on both registeries until we merge all the data.
Thanks and good luck searching!
Laurie
Owner of Booth Baby Adoption Registry and Co-moderator of Booth Baby Adoption Registry at yahoo groups.
Advertisements
misspiwackit
I am in the process of establishing a list of known maternity homes in St. Louis. Currently I have five homes.
MO Baptist Children's Home
Booth Memorial
Bethesda Dilworth
Villa Maria
ECHO
For anyone searching I have current address and phone numbers.
For some of the homes I have additional information ie: records maintaince, searching help.
If any one knows of another home please let me know and I will research and add it to my list.
Anyone needing research help please contact me.
Dolores
Hi how are you ? You helped me before.I have my sons birth certificate and papers from the st.louis courts stating that I gave consent for adoption.How do I get non-indentifing information? He's birth date is 11/3/1969. micheal joseph porter born 1:18 pm at Bethesda dilworth hosipital.
Hello,
The information I have is that my father was born in Bethesda Hospital in 1913. He was sick there for a couple of years and then adopted by John HC Fritz and his wife Emelie. They must have changed my father's name to Henry Fritz, but I do not know his birth name or how to find it. Any help wold be appreciated!
Lois