Advertisements
Advertisements
I have researched the Florence Crittenton Homes (now Child Welfare League of America) a little more thoroughly and now have a State by State Agency/Directory with telephone numbers for those of you who are interested in writing/calling for your adoption records.
Christmasgirl
Celeste, I am a post adoption search volunteer/adviser.
Have you heard of the name Benjamin Keith Rankin? He is a male, born August 8, 1967 in Little Rock, AR. He has several posts. One from 9 January 2005 has the name Webb listed. Could this be your brother?
Jack
hnasep@sbcglobal.net
Advertisements
Hi, I have a half brother that was born thru FCC in Columbus, Ohio in summer of 1961. I need address, phone numbers, hospital associate with, & records information to start my search. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Kim
Kimmer4444
Hi, I have a half brother that was born thru FCC in Columbus, Ohio in summer of 1961. I need address, phone numbers, hospital associate with, & records information to start my search. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Kim
I may be able to help - please contact me at candyeigenbrod@gmail.com with "OH search" in the subject line. Can you narrow down the date of birth at all? I would need mother's name at the time of birth and any other info known. I'll be looking for your email!
looking for a brother and a sister adopted out at birth, my mother carolyn ida holm stayed at florence crittenton home located in akron,ohio around 1950-1952.my mother had passed away 1yr ago.knowing i have a brother and a sister i'd love to find them please help
Advertisements
gruffy
how about akron,ohio in the 1950"s
Gruffy - is there any way you can get actual birth dates and places for them? What was your mother's maiden name? There's a slight possibility of finding something with that info, but dates would be best.
i have no dates other than knowing they were born around 1950-1953 mother was staying at fch located in akron,ohio.mothers name was carolyn ida holm or she could have gone by caroline...my mothers parents were margaret and russell holm
thank you for any info ....i just want to know them please help
Advertisements
My mother was at the Florence Crittenton Home in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1935 and 1936. She had my half-brother while there. He was not adopted but did eventually go to a foster home. I'd like to know where to call or write for records from that home.
Adria
My mother was at the Florence Crittenton Home in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1935 and 1936. She had my half-brother while there. He was not adopted but did eventually go to a foster home. I'd like to know where to call or write for records from that home.
Here's some info that may help:
The National Florence Crittenton Mission had its headquarters in Alexandria for years, and contributed to the support of many maternity homes
Florence Crittenton Services
520 Eldon St
Lynchburg, Virginia 24501
Florence Crittenton Home
768 W 52nd St
Norfolk, Virginia 23508
Who May Access Information
Citation: Ann. Code §§ 63.2-1246; 63.2-1247
Nonidentifying information may be disclosed to: •The adopted person who is age 18 or older
•The licensed or authorized child-placing agencies providing services to the child
•The adoptive parents
Identifying information may be released to:
•The adopted person who is age 21 or older
•The birth parents
•An adult birth sibling
Access to Nonidentifying Information
Citation: Ann. Code § 63.2-1246
Nonidentifying information shall not be open to inspection, or be copied, by anyone other than those listed above, except upon the order of a circuit court upon good cause shown.
Mutual Access to Identifying Information
Citation: Ann. Code § 63.2-1247
For adoptions finalized on or after 7-1-1994, the following requests for disclosure of identifying information are permitted: •The adopted person who is age 21 or older may apply for information about the birth family.
•The birth parents and adult birth siblings may apply information about the adopted person.
•When the adopted person is under age 18, the adoptive parents or other legal custodian of the child may apply for information about the birth family.
The Commissioner shall designate the person or agency that made the investigation to attempt to locate and advise the person whose information is sought of the application. The designated person or agency shall report the results of the attempt to locate and advise the adopted person to the Commissioner, including the relative effects that disclosure of the identifying information may have on the adopted person, the adoptive parents, and the birth family. The adopted person and the birth family may submit to the Commissioner, and the Commissioner shall consider, written comments stating the anticipated effect that the disclosure of identifying information may have upon any party. Upon a showing of good cause, the Commissioner shall disclose the identifying information. When consent of the person being sought is not obtainable, due to the death or mental incapacity, the circuit court may release identifying information to the person making the request. In making this decision, the circuit court shall consider the needs and concerns of all persons involved.
In parental placement adoptions, where the consent to the adoption was executed on or after 7-1-1994, the entire adoption record shall be open to the adoptive parents, the adopted person who is age 18 or older, and a birth parent who executed a written consent.
Access to Original Birth Certificate
Citation: Ann. Code § 32.1-261
The original birth certificate is available only upon order of the court.
Where the Information Can Be Located
Department of Social Services, Permanency Unit
Advertisements
Adria
The National Florence Crittenton Mission had its headquarters in Alexandria for years, and contributed to the support of many maternity homes
520 Eldon St
Florence Crittenton Home
768 W 52nd St
Norfolk, Virginia 23508
Citation: Ann. Code §§ 63.2-1246; 63.2-1247
Nonidentifying information may be disclosed to: •The adopted person who is age 18 or older
•The licensed or authorized child-placing agencies providing services to the child
•The adoptive parents
•The adopted person who is age 21 or older
•The birth parents
•An adult birth sibling
Citation: Ann. Code § 63.2-1246
Nonidentifying information shall not be open to inspection, or be copied, by anyone other than those listed above, except upon the order of a circuit court upon good cause shown.
Citation: Ann. Code § 63.2-1247
For adoptions finalized on or after 7-1-1994, the following requests for disclosure of identifying information are permitted: •The adopted person who is age 21 or older may apply for information about the birth family.
•The birth parents and adult birth siblings may apply information about the adopted person.
•When the adopted person is under age 18, the adoptive parents or other legal custodian of the child may apply for information about the birth family.
The Commissioner shall designate the person or agency that made the investigation to attempt to locate and advise the person whose information is sought of the application. The designated person or agency shall report the results of the attempt to locate and advise the adopted person to the Commissioner, including the relative effects that disclosure of the identifying information may have on the adopted person, the adoptive parents, and the birth family. The adopted person and the birth family may submit to the Commissioner, and the Commissioner shall consider, written comments stating the anticipated effect that the disclosure of identifying information may have upon any party. Upon a showing of good cause, the Commissioner shall disclose the identifying information. When consent of the person being sought is not obtainable, due to the death or mental incapacity, the circuit court may release identifying information to the person making the request. In making this decision, the circuit court shall consider the needs and concerns of all persons involved.
In parental placement adoptions, where the consent to the adoption was executed on or after 7-1-1994, the entire adoption record shall be open to the adoptive parents, the adopted person who is age 18 or older, and a birth parent who executed a written consent.
Citation: Ann. Code § 32.1-261
Adria
520 Eldon St
Florence Crittenton Home
768 W 52nd St
Norfolk, Virginia 23508
Citation: Ann. Code ǧ 63.2-1246; 63.2-1247
Nonidentifying information may be disclosed to: The adopted person who is age 18 or older
ՕThe licensed or authorized child-placing agencies providing services to the child
The adoptive parents
ՕThe adopted person who is age 21 or older
The birth parents
ՕAn adult birth sibling
Citation: Ann. Code 63.2-1246
Citation: Ann. Code ǧ 63.2-1247
For adoptions finalized on or after 7-1-1994, the following requests for disclosure of identifying information are permitted: The adopted person who is age 21 or older may apply for information about the birth family.
ՕThe birth parents and adult birth siblings may apply information about the adopted person.
When the adopted person is under age 18, the adoptive parents or other legal custodian of the child may apply for information about the birth family.
Citation: Ann. Code է 32.1-261