Advertisements
Advertisements
Alittle something I ran across on the web while searching on SEALED ADOPTION RECORDS IN OHIO :
Obtaining Non-Identifying Information:
Adopted adults, birth parents, and birth siblings can receive non-identifying information if the adoption was finalized before January 1, 1964, or after September 18, 1996. If the adoption was finalized between January 1, 1964, and September 18, 1996, adopted adults must petition the probate court to receive information.
Age of adulthood: 21
Obtaining Identifying Information:
An adopted adult whose adoption was finalized before January 1, 1964, may request and receive the adoption record, birth certificate and information regarding the birth parents. An adopted adult whose adoption was finalized on or after January 1, 1964, and before September 18, 1996, must petition the probate court for the information regarding birth parents. An adopted adult whose adoption was finalized after September 18, 1996, can receive information if the consent of the birth parents is on file. Birth parents and birth siblings related to an adopted adult whose adoption was finalized before September 18, 1996, can file consent to have information released. For adoptions finalized after September 18, 1996, an adopted adult can sign a consent form to have information released to birth parents and birth siblings.
Obtaining an Original Birth Certificate:
An adopted adult can receive birth certificate through the Ohio Department of Health, if the adoption was finalized before January 1, 1964.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by diana2u
Alittle something I ran across on the web while searching on SEALED ADOPTION RECORDS IN OHIO :
Obtaining Non-Identifying Information:
Adopted adults, birth parents, and birth siblings can receive non-identifying information if the adoption was finalized before January 1, 1964, or after September 18, 1996. If the adoption was finalized between January 1, 1964, and September 18, 1996, adopted adults must petition the probate court to receive information.
Diana,
This part of your info is NOT CORRECT..............Those of us who do the OH searches daily know you never petition the court for information. Maybe you do in other states but not in OH.
The NON-ID-IFO comes from the agency that handled the adoption. The Court hardly if ever sends any non-id-info. Most time they charge $50.00 for info and the unsuspecting person sends it thinking they are gonna get info and they get a packet of things to fill out again.
Ask some of those who thought the same thing and sent that money in............ask them what they got for their $$$$$....OK?
Soooooooo remember not everything you read on the internet is true.
:D :D :D
Blessings
Mackie
Advertisements
I did get the info from the net, from a reliable source, I thought..
Sorry if they posted the wrong info.
I'd list the link, but I don't know if this forum allows that...
Diana
About all this info. i had no idea what agency my adoption was handled through. i contacted the Probate Court in the County i was born in and they gave me the name of the agency that my adoption was handeled through. They did tell me at that time that i would have to go straight through the agency to get anyother info.
I have a form letter for you to send to the agency if you want it........otherwise they will send what they want you to have rather than what is needed to do your search.
YOu never know how much or how little info they will let go of but its yours and anything that is NON-ID they should send to you.
If you would like the form letter......let me know by PM and I will send it to you.
Blessings
Mackie
hvalentine
About all this info. i had no idea what agency my adoption was handled through. i contacted the Probate Court in the County i was born in and they gave me the name of the agency that my adoption was handeled through. They did tell me at that time that i would have to go straight through the agency to get anyother info.
i just wanted to let you guys know.. that i was adopted on march 3, 1981 in Columbus, Ohio. I sent in a hand written form to the probate court (i think) for my non id info. I was very disappointed in the info i received. It almost seemed phony. I then filled out the form and sent it in to petition the court for my identifying information along with a 50 dollar money order. I received a letter from them saying that there was no release on my records.
what can i do now. I understand that my biological parents may not want contact. I would like my medical history and possibly a picture. Ya know, its weird to look at tons of pics and not look like a single person in them.
please help.. where do i go from here?
Advertisements