Advertisements
Advertisements
I don't even know if I'm doing this correctly but here goes.
I gave birth to a 7 lb. 14 oz. girl, 10-19-69 at the Salvation Army Home in Tampa, FL.
Please advise me what I can do in regards to seeking information on my daughter; what and how can I supply info. regarding myself, in case she is searching for me?
Your assistance is appreciate.
Advertisements
The first thing that you should do is register with the ISRR. You can download the forms at [url]www.isrr.net[/url] .
There are many registeries on the net which which you can register. Some are state specific and date specific. Most are free, but some charge a small fee.
I would also contact the agency that was used to get your nonid information. That varies from agency to agency.
Best wishes in your search,
Barbara
I believe my adoption was through Children's Home & Aid Society in Chicago in 1965. How can I confirm they were open then? Was there a location in Virginia at that time as well? My biological mother was from VA but came to IL for the delivery/adoption. Is there a link?
I was adopted through Children's Home Society in Roanoke, Virginia. Some years ago I got my non-id info from them. Since then I have noticed others with similar non-id info. I find this very suspicious.
Anyway, I also went to my local courthouse and researched the adoption decree and located papers where my name was changed. I have an older adopted brother and researched the same info on him. My question is this...where did that original name come from? Is it a name the agency gave or the foster parents? My adoptive brother had an unusual last name and I have seen two searches from others using the same agency and stating that thier birth last name was the same. I find this very odd!
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
Is it true that CHS still does a mutual consent release of information? I had been told this when I was younger, and 2 years ago I called to give my consent. However, when I called, CHS told me about other search options first, and I had to ask about the mutual consent option. Am I wasting my time with that? Please advise
Advertisements
I was also adopted from the Childrens Home Society of Greensboro NC in 1977. They give me all the non-identify info but i'm not sure on what to do now what all have you tried. I have registered with isrr. Any info would be helpful thanks.
Hi! I've been searching for my birthmother/family for years. I was born in Rockledge, FL on 5/15/75. I was told by CHS that my birthfather was killed in a car accident within the first year of my adoption. I have my non-id and amended BC.
My sister-in-law who does geneaology suggested I might try to find my deceased birthfather first. I spent hours in the county I was born in at the library going through obits looking for a possible match. I had connections with people and also got a hold of DMV fatality records trying to find something.
I am wondering if because is deceased, do I have any right with CHS to retrieve his info?
My next question is regarding my BC's. I had a copy all my life that my parents had given me. Just a black/white copy that was provided to them by CHS. When I began my search I sent away for my amended BC. When I rec'vd that I noticed that the birth certificate #'s were different. Is that a red-flag?
Please help, I don't know what to do next and feel like I have no ideas of what to search for anymore. I don't know whether to turn to a PI or to CHS (which I have negative feelings toward giving them $$ in the first place).
Searching in FL,
Lynn
Advertisements
Lynn,
I understand your reluctance to give money to CHS for your search. It doesn't seem fair that they have your personal information and you don't. However, you could possibly save yourself a lot of time in your search. I paid the CHS in VA $400 to do a search with a confidential intermediary. Even though the outcome was not what I had wished for, it was worth every penny to get the information that I did get. It answered some very important questions that I had had over the years.
Best wishes in your search,
Barbara
It depends on the state you were born in how much the CHS can help you. It also depends on the state you born in how much you get charged.
They do have information that you might not find other wise. But to rephrase the poster above me the information can be invaluable to you, but I honestly don't believe it takes that much time and effort on thier part to recover and send it to you to justify the costs.
Looking for my birth daughter; she has been looking for me for over six months. I decided that it would be best and most fair for you if I allowed you to look for me. You contacted my mother in Charlotte, North Carolina about six months ago regarding some medical information that you wanted/needed.
You were born in Greensboro, North Carolina on August 11, 1982 at the Children's Home Society. I named you Shetarra Rochelle Sullivan. You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day of your life; I never wanted to give you up and left a letter for you that I hope that you have read.
I am waiting on pins and needles for you to contact me.
Priscilla aka Cill
I was adopted from Childrens Home Society in Los Angeles, CA. My DOB is 1-14-71. How can I get non identifying info on my birth parents?
Advertisements
I am glad to hear about CHS. They seem to be charging for information that can be obtained elsewhere. I am a birthmom and we have someone doing our search for us. He indicated that CHS was pretty tough to get information out of.