Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I was adopted by the CHS in Washington State. Several years ago I was told it would cost me $150 to get this information. Not only that, I did extensive searching on adoption forums & found that other people had similar "non-identifying information" to what I already had (info my mom was given at time of adoption). I mean were all of these adoptions so shiny & perfect (She was active in the Glee Club, loved to play piano, only 118 pounds, excellent grades, etc.)?
It just struck me as odd that they were similar, and I thought it was possible that CHS could have altered some of the histories a little to make the situations look better than what they actually were. Plus it just irritated me that I should have to give them any money at all beyond a small admin fee and a S.A.S.E.
Anyway, recently I found on the net that in Washington State you ARE entitled to your non-identifying info by law & you can request it from the county you were adopted in. For a fee of $9 or something (not exactly sure, but something like that).
FUNNY HOW CHS DIDN'T TELL ME THAT, RIGHT? Wonder what that $150 would have gone to, anyway? I went on their website today and had to search & search before I found even the SLIGHTEST reference on adoption search help. Give me a break.