Advertisements
Advertisements
Just for fun, what was your child/children's Russian name if you did not keep it.
Alex was Andrey.
Vicki
Hayden's Russian name was Kirill. Helena's was Kristina. We kept their names as a second middle name. They are named our grandmothers and grandfathers.
Helena Lucille Kristina
Hayden Frederick Kirill
Advertisements
Sam was Danil - always called Danilla (rhymes with Vanilla)
Sophia was Valentina
Irina- Irina
Max- Murat
Yana- Yana
Alex- Sasha(alexander)
Child to be in a few weeks(not from Russia) is named Bojan. We're going back and forth with the name.
Stephanie.
Roman was Roman Mikhailovich. We kept Roman, and his new middle name is my father's (Leonard). Funny about nicknames - the orph. staff always called him "Roma". Why just a shortened name, I always wondered. But we've found ourselves doing it too!
Advertisements
Michael was Anton - they called him Antoshka. Anton is also my father's name, so we kept it as his middle name.
Ivan and we named him Jack Ivan but still call him by his russian nickname "Vanya"
Nikolai and we named him Anthony Nikolai but still call him by his nickname "Kolya"
Jenn
Advertisements
Kaitlin was Alyona, and we kept that as a second middle name. Her name is Kaitlin Alexandra Alyona. She'll be 15 before she can spell all that. :D
Henry was Roman, called Romka. I kept it as one of his middle names and added my father's: Henry Roman David.
HI,
We named our daughter
"Veronica Maryalla"
Her name was Alla. They called her Allitchka in the orphanage.
We both wanted to Alla in her name but we really wanted Mary as her middle name so we put the two together.
Yevgeni Alexandrovich became Clay David Estep Celli
Anatoly Igorovitch (Tolly) became Luke Jackson Fox Celli
Both Middle names for both boys are family names.
Advertisements
We have given our baby girl a Russian name Andrusha and we got the name we got the name from which this Rissian name is derived and i.e., Andrew. Gosh...there are more than hundreds names on we got confused which one to pick and what we want.