Advertisements
Advertisements
I have nothing better to do this close to Christmas (ha, ha), so I have just spent an hour or so expanding my forum subscription list. During this process I discovered a box at the bottom of the page called "Latest Reputation Received". What is it? A thread is listed and points recorded. Whose points are they? Given by whom to whom? I've never seen this before. I have looked around the website for an explanation to no avail. Please clarify.
Its a new feature of the site...
Your posts can be rated by other members...each rating either takes or gives points based on the standing of the person who is doing the rating.
The ratings are given anonymously, unless someone chooses to post their name in the comment to you.
As you are rated, your ReputationӔ goes up or downas it goes down, the little green box below your post count will change colorsŅas it goes up, multiple boxes appear.
I think its a fairly nifty feature, at least for the moderators҅that way I can rate the folks who continually step close to the line/cross the line.
Im still undecided about how I feel about everyone having access to it, especially with the recent abuse thatҒs been reported.
Advertisements
So what does the little dot by your name mean and why is mine red??? I'm starting to feel a lttle paranoid :confused:
fosterma, yours looks green to me as does mine and everyone's I have noticed so far.
I don't get it. I don't see anywhere to "vote" on someone's reputation. Am I (and administrators) the only one who sees the box at the bottom of the page naming a thread to which I posted, the date, the name of a forum member, and a comment I now presume made by that member to me? That is would fosterma see a different box if someone "voted" on her?
Hey fosterma, down at the bottom I also see related threads, and the top one is called "bad reputation??" We'd better check it out!
Now I see the weight scales. They were mentioned on the other thread. I was looking for some sort of sliding scale, lol. Well this whole thing is giving me some therapeutic laughs tonight. Fosterma, maybe we can see you if we all remove our shades. :cool: :rolleyes: :p
Advertisements
There's a link in my sig to a thread about the reputation system. It's at [url]http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?t=180713[/url].
The dots next to your name are "online" indicators. Green when you're on, grey when you're not.