Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We also traveled to St. Pete. One thing I wasn't expecting were the number of "short people" especially the women. It seemed like most were either 4'10"-5"2" or close to 6'. There didn't seem to be a lot in between. There also weren't as many blondes as I would've expected. Most of the thin ones were in the younger crowd. Many of the older women were plump, but I definitely don't remember any obese people. Most of the street vendors can usually speak enough English to sell you something. I agree on the parking thing. Parallel parking was sideways, backwards, nose in with rear sticking out, rear in with nose sticking out, 3 deep with one on the sidewalk. There were also quite a few "American" vehicles. Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Expeditions, Escapes, and pick ups to name a few (we were surprised). We noticed many linked arms as well, even the young girls. The traffic was insane, but we only saw one wreck in a week. The food was terrific, but the meat smell at breakfast was really too much for me. They also had things like sushi for breakfast. I loved it and can't wait to go back. I think this is now potentially a future vacation spot.