Advertisements
Advertisements
I have known about my adoption most of my life. Yet I have not chosen to search for my birth parents till very recently. I was born Baby Girl Anton on 4/18/1964 in the great state of California. (If my calendar is correct, that's a Saturday.) Centinela Hospital in Los Angeles is located in Inglewood --it's not far from where my adoptive parents lived in El Segundo.
Are these records sealed? Probably, because i can't find them...though i have a birth certificate, it doesn't contain my birth parents names, just the adoptive ones.
Who were they? Both are still living, and have supported my seach entirely. At the time of adoption, i believe I was less than six months old. My birth mother's name was also Anton. My adoptive parents were a barber/signpainter and a homemaker. They divorced back in the 70's-- for some very good reasons, as things turned out. Like every child, I love my parents- though they are, as the saying goes, complicated. I'm deeply grateful and proud to be my mother's daughter.
But they're not the reason I began this search. I'm happily married for thirty years, enjoying a career that I love. I'm a self taught artist with no children but very close family ties. I recently underwent genetic testing with 23 and Me, for reasons unrelated to this search. If you can sew, this might be easy to understand....It's a loose thread that needs tying, I think...something open that wants to be suddenly closed.
It's my understanding that the adoption was handled by a private attorney, though I'm not sure who. (I do have an idea, though, and I'm going to see if it's correct today. Should have thought of it before.) If they are trying to find me, I hope to lead them here...and to thank them, for making a good decision under the worst kind of circumstances. If anyone in this group knows someone who fits this description, please do let me know. I'll private message you with any personal identifiers or details. I thank everyone for your help in advance and hope to tie this thread soon.
Thank you,
BGAnton
1 Liked
 likes this.