Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi there--
My husband and I are also adopting from Chiquitines in Cali. We are awaiting our I-171 as the final piece of our dossier, which our agency will then submit, and then we'll begin our wait for a referral! I know everyone has a rough time waiting out the referral period but I'm actually looking forward to at least knowing that all of the paperwork is (primarily) done, and all we have to do is sit and wait and sit and wait and sit and wait!
I'm not sure if you have access to a channel called the Discovery Health Channel, but they have a wonderful show called Adoption Stories which follows a couple along as they go through adoption, and it recently featured a couple adopting THREE children from Chiquitines (no infants; twin seven-year-olds and their five-year-old sister). It was really amazing to see the orphanage-- very clean and bright and colorful and pretty-- as well as the maternity shelter and the infant ward, which looked clean and pretty and all the babies seemed very well cared for. It was also nice to see the staff at Chiquitines, including the director, Agatha. It might be worth seeing if Discovery Channel can send you a copy of the tape-- maybe they have a website?