Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello All! I haven't been here in awhile, but I'm back on my search for my bparents. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience dealing with St Vincent's Home for Unwed Mothers in PA. My bmom spent a short time there in 1950. After that, she lived in an apt paid for by my amom until my birth 6-5-50 at St Joseph's Hospital in Philadelphia. Are there any other gray-market babies on this list who would like to chat with me? My impression is that there should be many, many of us born at St Joseph's in that time period.
My obstetrician was Dr. John Lawler. I would love to find others with similar stories so that we could work together to track down information.
My story: briefly!
Bmom, Barbara, was 19, unmarried. Bfather not willing to marry.Bmom was Catholic from New Jersey, father may have been politically involved in New Jersey. She lived in St. Vincents' a short while. Mutual friend introduced her to my future Amom, Marie. Agreement made privately for Amom to pay for apt and medical expences with me being given to her immediately after release from hospital. Dr. Lawler facilitated Barbara entering hospital under name of Amom and signing BC as that person. (forged signature of amom).
No official adoption was done. BC remains original and false.
One person, my uncle, knows who my bmom is but won't tell me! Amom and Dad or now deceased.
Would appreciate any advice, information, input anyone is willing to share with me.