Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello there!
I had forgotten about this site and just now relocated it and read your very kind letter! I hope that you are still reachable! I just wrote to your mother,if her email address is still good as listed below. I would love to communicate with both of you. I do hope that she has had better success than I at searching!
Would you be able to give me the contact information for the agency that now hold the "old" records from St. Vincent's in 1950?
My birth name was: Brenda Marsha Schneider. My bMom was Catholic and perhaps I WAS baptised. Would there be records for that still available?
Thank you so much for your kind reply and I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
Brenda Taylor
530 320-8402
JoanFarley1946
Hello there : ) I would love for you to share your birth story with my mother. She was the one born Jan.1946 at St.Vincent's hospital and would want to share her story as well. I'm trying desperately to find any information I can. We have made some lead way with contacting cousins etc. some refused to say a word while others have listened and have given us some information.
I actaully live in Philadelphia and last month I went down to 70th and Woodland Ave. ,The hospital was torn down but they have a decent looking homeless shelter placed in the very spot the hospital was. I took photographs since the scenery on the outside area was still the same. Photos of the trees,etc. then paid a visit to the catholic Church that had my mothers baptismal record. After St.Vincent's was torn down the record went to St.Clemments at 7104 Woodland. after St.Clemmens was torn down the records went to this other Parish around the corner. In the past my mother only got a copy with her adopted name on it but I gave the nun my mothers birth name and she gave me her original baptismal record. Although the record didn't have her parent's names on it,we've always suspected and it has been confirmed that her father asked his sister to adopt my mom. But it was never to be known. What I'm wondering is most likely the nuns baptized you before you left the hospital, if there was no adoption then what was the last name you were born with? What names do you have?
my mother lives in St.Louis,MO right now but please email her so she won't feel alone in this endevour... her email is : starlight_afar@myway.com and her name is Pauline